6.5 Creedmoor on a Origin long action?

Bergerblaster

I just finished a 7 PRC build on a Zermatt long action. I would like to build a 6.5 Creedmoor for lower recoil target practice and possibly NRL Hunter. I'm just really not wanting to spend the money on a complete new build. Would a 6.5 Creedmoor function correctly on a Zermatt long action being fed from an AICS mag? Would there be an disadvantages to going this route? Would definitely be cheaper to just buy another Proof Prefit in 6.5 Creedmoor for my existing setup.

There is obviously a difference in weight between a short and long action and a slightly longer bolt cycle which isn't a concern to me.

It's been done. I almost did it too but decided to just stick with short actions.

Using a long action receiver for a short action cartridge can come in handy for your hand loads especially if you want to load a little long

I've thought hard about doing the exact same thing. Currently my origin la is a 300 prc and a 7 saum. I'd love to do a 6 creedmoor and get a new bolt head. My saum feeds amazing but it's quite a bit bigger then a creedmoor

I talked to accurate mag yesterday and they make a 308 long action mag that would work perfect they said.
I've thought hard about doing the exact same thing. Currently my origin la is a 300 prc and a 7 saum. I'd love to do a 6 creedmoor and get a new bolt head. My saum feeds amazing but it's quite a bit bigger then a creedmoor