6.5 creedmoor long range tips

long-gun 308

Howdy I was wondering what the best bullet and powder would be for pushing a 6.5 creedmoor out past 1000 with extreme accuracy? The barrels got an 1-8 twist. Also what's y'all's thoughts on stocks and chassis's? I'm thinking McMillan A6 or mdt Acc or something along that line. The barrel channel would be for a straight taper

McMillan or manners stock that you prefer. Is this a heavier rifle? Or do you want lighter options?
Weight is your friend for the shooting part of it all. The A5 McMillan is a gold standard for a prone rig. An adjustable cheek piece is very very nice to have.
Chassis are super solid and adjustable, have to try one to see if you like. They are cold in the hand tho and not so nice for stalking game with in ready position etc. That's why they make spotter stocks with a more open grip I guess.
H4350, RL 26 , RL 16 , Norma 203b behind an 147 eld , 140 Berger or 136 or 139 scenar is a good place to start. Use good brass. Alpha, Lapua, Peterson ADG are all great.

Howdy I was wondering what the best bullet and powder would be for pushing a 6.5 creedmoor out past 1000 with extreme accuracy? The barrels got an 1-8 twist. Also what's y'all's thoughts on stocks and chassis's? I'm thinking McMillan A6 or mdt Acc or something along that line. The barrel channel would be for a straight taper
You need to actually handle these stocks of course. What fits you or feels good to you.
I'm testing loads and bullets for 6.5cm also. 120gr, 130gr, 140gr, 147gr. Powders and primers are tough to find, h4350, RL16, RL26 etc. Brass, I'm trying large and small primer Lapua. Primers Federal Gold Medal match and CCI. Love the almost nonexistent recoil of the 120gr bullets. Superformance is easy to find but not as consistent as other powders. So far 140gr and H4350 seem to work in my rifle. With the other components not making the same difference in loads. Just my own experience. Your mileage may vary.

I would like to achieve at least .5 moa at 1000. I want the gun to be some what heavy. I have Peterson brass and plenty of h4350. I did a good bit of shooting in the corps that I can't decide between a composite stock or a chassis system. A lot of the shooting I would be doing is prone 1000 yards and out. And some prs/nrl.

Manners TCS stock with weighted arca. Berger 144 long range hybrid target, federal match primer and RL16. I was running near max at 2885 but I have learned they run better / more consistent 1.5 to 2 grains under max which is typically 2775 to low 2800s. H4350 works too but I think RL16 is better.

I shoot one out of a totally stock Savage 10T-SR with a silencerco
ASR brake. Shoots 140 Hornady BTHP on top of 42.0 of superformance fed 210m with starline brass. Easily past 1k at targets. No fancy measuring and 500 steps of loading. Stuff and shoot em.

Semper Fi Brother!
Seem like you already have a barrel. It's a 1:8 twist. What is the length and diameter?
We built several .260 years ago for hunting, PRS, Target.
The 1K rifle we built is a Defiance Deviant action, Bartlein 1:8, 1.25" Straight 26" in a AXAICS Chassis, MPA Brake.
Load with Lapua Brass, H-4350, BR2 Primer and 142gr SMK. Rifle shoots around 1/4" MOA. Hits 4" circle plates at 1K.
A 6.5 Creed should do at least that since it's a Creed😀
If you need more info PM me
Thanks
Len & Jill

Semper Fi Brother!
Seem like you already have a barrel. It's a 1:8 twist. What is the length and diameter?
We built several .260 years ago for hunting, PRS, Target.
The 1K rifle we built is a Defiance Deviant action, Bartlein 1:8, 1.25" Straight 26" in a AXAICS Chassis, MPA Brake.
Load with Lapua Brass, H-4350, BR2 Primer and 142gr SMK. Rifle shoots around 1/4" MOA. Hits 4" circle plates at 1K.
A 6.5 Creed should do at least that since it's a Creed😀
If you need more info PM me
Thanks
Len & Jill
H4350 how many grains?