6.5 creedmoor misinformation, a bit humorous but sad?

Creedmoors, Valkeries, PRC's-----we welcome your open checkbooks.
Hornady, Federal and others are at their banks checking their balance.

Ballistics aside - because in terms of ballistics there is nothing new from new cartridges, there is only new from bullets, bullet shape , bullet construction and platform .

Creedmoor is a latter day shooters phenomenon.

A phenomenon is something that takes the world by storm, and is immensely popular.

I say it is a phenomenon because there has been a convergence of industry focus and effort to generate a perfect storm around the cartridge, that no other cartridges in my lifetime has had.

This convergence of effort has produced off-the-shelf rifles that can be mated to a scope, zeroed, and taken to a shooting competition with factory ammo, and score for place. I don't recall any other commercial caliber offering having that to say for itself.

New shooters have found that they can go buy a rifle and scope, buy ammo, and hit steel out past where my eyes can still see.

Consider the platform. A Sabatti tactical in 6mm Creedmoor, from the factory, feels much heavier than my 500 Jeffery which weighs 12 pounds. The barrel is totally free floated. Barrel profile is a straight tube. The rail is integral to the whole assembly. There you have the basis of incredible repeatable accuracy potential.

The factory competition ammo available is as good as any a reloader can produce. Consistent, consistent, consistent. And in the US, the cost of investment in reloading equipment takes really long to recover versus buying factory, so why bother reloading if all you want to do is shoot.

This is the angle that the young shooters, who don't have experience with other calibers, and don't know how to reload, are coming from in the Creedmoor discussions. So when you say that caliber ABC is better than a Creedmoor, these shooters will think you're smoking something unusually strong, because they don't see any of those caliber rifles on the shelf that they can take to a long range match with factory ammo. Like, where's the 10-round mag, dude ? Like, dude, there's wood on this rifle !

Credit must be given where credit is due, and it's all due to the manufacturers that have produced innovation and quality, taking sport shooting capability to levels previously unknown.

The Creedmoor cartridges could not have achieved this surge in popularity and adoption on their sole merit.

well you pay the fare and take the ride, as long as people will pay the fare the arms companys will pile on the BS about how great their products are.

I finally caved and had my daughter's rig rebarreled to 6.5 creedmoor. She will never reload and I didn't want to leave her wanting for factory ammo. So it was an easy choice. Bought my first box of factory ammo in over 20 years for it and went to the range. Boresighted and chrono'd the 135 grain Berger factory ammo. First three shots right at .4". Dialed the SWFA scope up and over, plugged in numbers for 2760 fps out of the 22" barrel. And finished up the box shooting tiny groups out to 500 yard steel.

Guess I need to buy 10 boxes of that stuff, but not being able to leave well enough alone shot a few 140 vld and 147 eld handloads. All at or under .5 moa. She should be set it looks like. Just saying it was the easiest rig I ever setup.

But the hype is so bad that my next will be another 6.5x47 lol.

The NEW 7.6 Creedmoor — Best .30-Cal Cartridge Ever?
creed76top.jpg

Leveraging the incredible success of the 6.5 Creedmoor cartridge, ammo-makers and rifle manufacturers have teamed up to produce a bigger Creedmoor cartridge — the 7.6 Creedmoor. The latest addition to the Creedmoor line gets its name from its 7.62mm bullet dimension. Yep, that makes it a .30-cal cartridge, but the creators stuck with the metric title for consistency. Makes sense. We like the way "7.6 Creedmoor" sounds and we bet consumers will too. The 6.5 Creedmoor has been a singular success — it is by far the most popular new cartridge introduced in the last decade. We think the 7.6 Creedmoor could become equally successful in short order.

creed76print.png

In creating the new 7.6 Creedmoor, the product engineers were primarily concerned with accuracy, reliability, and compatibility. In a brilliant marketing stroke, the 7.6 Creedmoor's designers crafted this cartridge to be 100% compatible with existing .308 Winchester and 7.62×51 rifles. So you can shoot the 7.6 Creedmoor safely in your existing .308 Win deer rifle or F-TR rig. As one ammo-maker's marketing manager told us: "The 7.6 Creedmoor gives you everything you liked about the .308 Win, with a trendy name and the undeniable Creedmoor cachet. The 6.5 Creedmoor has become hugely popular. We expect the new 7.6 Creedmoor to do as well, or better!" We agree. Consider this — the 7.6 Creedmoor offers much better barrel life than the 6.5 Creedmoor, along with better bullet selection, particularly for hunters. With these advantages, how could the 7.6 Creedmoor not become a huge hit? The Creedmoor name alone should ensure success.

We discussed the new 7.6 Creedmoor with Dennis DeRille, one of the "founding fathers" of the 6.5 Creedmoor. Dennis said — "The Creedmoor name is synonymous with innovation and tactical success. This new 7.6 should live up to its name as it delivers .308 Win performance in a package for the 21st Century."

Warning! This thread is more than 6 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.