6.5 Creed FPS 20” and 22” barrel

I am really surprised as to how LITTLE velocity drop per inch, on the chart.
Am looking at a rifle with 24 inch barrel, and another, with 20 inch. Makes the choice a little easier
Yep I had my dads built with a 24" and mine with a 22" almost no diffrence in speedbut all his others are 24" so that's what we went with.

22" is a good compromise. I'm impressed with the light weight of the OP's rifle. I was aiming for 8.5 lbs loaded, but mine came out to be 9.8 loaded. I couldn't resist the 2 lb. Vortex, and wanted to keep the rifle itself at $1k or less yet wanted a tactical or thumbhole type stock. No website showed the actual weight of he Browning X-bolt Eclipse, which is 7.5. Now I'm getting spoiled by the more vertical grip of the stock. Way more comfortable and natural than a standard stock. Looking at a Manners or McMillan upgrade for my 7mmRM next.

22" is a good compromise. I'm impressed with the light weight of the OP's rifle. I was aiming for 8.5 lbs loaded, but mine came out to be 9.8 loaded. I couldn't resist the 2 lb. Vortex, and wanted to keep the rifle itself at $1k or less yet wanted a tactical or thumbhole type stock. No website showed the actual weight of he Browning X-bolt Eclipse, which is 7.5. Now I'm getting spoiled by the more vertical grip of the stock. Way more comfortable and natural than a standard stock. Looking at a Manners or McMillan upgrade for my 7mmRM next.

Yep hard to go back to a regular stock. I run the eh5 and love it.

Warning! This thread is more than 7 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.