6.5-284 Cartridge Guide...CHECK IT OUT!!!

Ugly is for Darn sure! eekkkkk

Pretty cool page. I hope to contribute to it soon. Just gotta get the words down and send it in. I will let you know that I will go against the grain on powder choice. Carbon or no carbon. R-22 is the one for me. Targets to post soon.

Anyway...Great page and look forward to more. Hey Jason...See ya in Aug /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Joe

So you have the miracle cure for carbon? How would one go about gettting some "TM"? Who ever said this must have been working on the throat of my 7mm Wby. The carbon is nearly crystalized to diamond hardness.

<font color="blue"> 600-yard IBS Shooter of the Year Joel Kendrick believes that, with fine match barrels, carbon fouling is the real culprit: "Most people worry about copper when they should be worrying about carbon. I've been using a new product from Tom Meredith, a liquid he simply calls "TM". I used this all week at the Super Shoot and it works great on carbon."

How do you find the carbon ring? Here's what John Brewer does. He pulls a NYLON bore brush back through the bore, from muzzle towards the breech. It moves smoothly until it hits the carbon build-up where you'll feel lots of resistance on the rod. That's where you need to scrub with Iosso paste or JB. NOTE: we do NOT advise reversing a phosphor bronze brush through the bore. And NEVER short-stroke with a tight-fitting bronze brush!</font>

Warning! This thread is more than 19 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts