6.5 284 142matrix

ramrod79

Good day guys is anyone using 142 Matrix bullets in their 6.5 284 I was thinking I should try these as they are more available than the 140 Berger VLD I was also thinking the 160 Matrix but they may take up to much case capacity . Any info anyone would like to share would be welcome .

I worked up a load in a 6.5-06 with them and they shot great but I never hunted with them. Another option for hunting is their 150 grain. I have used these for hunting down to an impact velocity of 2200fps and they expanded well and retained abot 90 grains of weight. The 160's have a bit thicker jacket and may not be the best for hunting.

I use the 150's in my 6.5 Sherman and SS and love them. They expand well at distance and yet penetrate at closer ranges I have expanded them in media down to 1700' and have had devastating affects on game from 40 to 440 yards. As the previous post noted, the 160's have a little thicker jacket and it takes a little more to expand them. Some of us have annealed the tips which helps........Rich

Warning! This thread is more than 10 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.