6.5 / .284 ?????

Redbone,

Just finished up a Tactical style rifle this morning for a customer in 6.5-284. This one will be very hard to ship out the door.

If you want good long range performance in a comfortable to shoot package with a good barrel life, this is a very hard round to beat. Its just very solid in every aspect of performance. Some are faster, some are flatter, some have longer barrel lifes, but adding all three together, it will hold its own with anything with a quality marksman as pilot.

Good Shooting!!

Kirby Allen(50)

The 140gr 6.5 a-max bullet has a bc of .550, pretty dang good and it should offer really good expansion on long range varmints and thinnner skinned large game, whitetails and antelope. I know a lot of shooters like the sierra 142gr but i think the hornady would give you better expansion. I have never shot a 6.5/284 myself but everybody tells me they are nice to have.

Warning! This thread is more than 19 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.