6.5 284 142matrix

ramrod79

Good day guys is anyone using 142 Matrix bullets in their 6.5 284 I was thinking I should try these as they are more available than the 140 Berger VLD I was also thinking the 160 Matrix but they may take up to much case capacity . Any info anyone would like to share would be welcome .

I worked up a load in a 6.5-06 with them and they shot great but I never hunted with them. Another option for hunting is their 150 grain. I have used these for hunting down to an impact velocity of 2200fps and they expanded well and retained abot 90 grains of weight. The 160's have a bit thicker jacket and may not be the best for hunting.

I use the 150's in my 6.5 Sherman and SS and love them. They expand well at distance and yet penetrate at closer ranges I have expanded them in media down to 1700' and have had devastating affects on game from 40 to 440 yards. As the previous post noted, the 160's have a little thicker jacket and it takes a little more to expand them. Some of us have annealed the tips which helps........Rich

Warning! This thread is more than 9 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts