5000 FPS Pursuit, 18gr Dead Blow Hammer

There are only 2 examples of successful handloading efforts toward 5000 fps that I'm presently aware of.

There's an article about a guy who broke 5100 with a 30 grain Berger out of a .22-284

There's a few YouTube videos by a guy named Glen Butler I think who got over 5000 with a 300 win mag using accelerator type sabots handloading. Got a 55 grain doing 5k. I believe at those speeds it melted half inch holes in AR500! 😮

What are the odds that rather than making a vapour trail they actually catch on fire at 5000 fps friction levels?
That would be EPIC!!!! Fireball Prairie Dogs 🤣. I'll have to crack the package open and look down the HP.
2A4C3B05-CACC-4B0F-950A-92E9DA612F31.jpeg

Zen you need to put some "Black Stripes" if you have not done so. It will Accent the Yellow!
Again what a great build!!!
Thanks for sharing and motivating us to press the limits in shooting!
Showed Jill the different posts and she wants one. So when you get it finished and field tested, you can give us the blue prints.
Thanks
Len & Jill

Zen you need to put some "Black Stripes" if you have not done so. It will Accent the Yellow!
Again what a great build!!!
Thanks for sharing and motivating us to press the limits in shooting!
Showed Jill the different posts and she wants one. So when you get it finished and field tested, you can give us the blue prints.
Thanks
Len & Jill

And call it Yellow Jacket!

@Zen Archery that is one nice build.