5000 FPS Pursuit, 18gr Dead Blow Hammer

Not lab radar, tops out at 4000 FPS. Old school Caldwell model says it will go up to 9,999 FPS. Let's wait and see!
Don't know why Labradar could not get the technology and money to get past 4K fps. We have a Lab and also have CED M2 which go up to 7Kfps.
I won't get more than the Lab can read on any of our rifles. Our .204 can get over 4K with 32gr, but with 39gr SBK best accuracy is the high 3k fps.
Sounds really interesting on this build. Can't wait to hear your results and what accuracy you are getting at those velocities. Definitely will be a LASER with that speed and light bullet. I may have missed it, but what twist are you running and if shooting the Hammer's? Looks like the BC is around G-1 .144. I would imagine with a lead copper jacket that it would not hold up depending on the twist. With a 1:8 the Hammer solid it will be real stable (SG 2.25) I think that you will have a RPM of about 450,000. FAST!!!!
Thanks
Len

I would imagine with a lead copper jacket that it would not hold up depending on the twist. With a 1:8 the Hammer solid it will be real stable (SG 2.25) I think that you will have a RPM of about 450,000. FAST!!!!
Thanks
Len
Correct guy running this caliber was vaporing a 20gr CC bullet. Don't remember brand. Nosler has a 5300 fps, 15.5 gr bullet. But I wanna see what hammers do first.

I want the prairie dog looking right at me before I laser it between the cranium.
5E69B9C0-85A9-4DB5-95E6-E7080591F9C3.jpeg

Need A2 buffer tube. Should be here Tuesday. Working on brass today.
View attachment 347177
Hey Zen
Hope that you and your family are healthy and doing well in these turbulent times.
You have a really "Unique and Great Looking Rifle". Did you give it a name yet? A rifle like this has to have a name for all to remember it by since it is a real classic.
If you have not picked out a name to engrave on it, maybe put out Post on LRH for members to give some ideas.
Great project and rifle!
Thanks
Len & Jill

Let the 5000 FPS pursuit begin. Spray painting over the weekend. Forming case tomorrow. Loading on Tuesday. Testing on Thursday!!!
View attachment 346585
God bless you and keep you on this noble quest! I've long been intrigued by 5000 fps…it's the new frontier, now that I've got a 120 Barnes tactx over 4000 out a .300 Winnie 4000 fps is old news…boring…🤣.

In Ecclesiastes we read that whoever loves money never has money enough…I think the same goes for VELOCITY!!!!

Question…your using hammers to do this. Hammers have oil in the nose (or they did? I don't know anything anymore!).

What are the odds that rather than making a vapour trail they actually catch on fire at 5000 fps friction levels? A new take on how to make a tracer round….

Recent Posts