500 Jeffery based wildcats

I was interested in building one, got the big action, barrel and prepared to go forward but...

proprietary?

Put the brakes on until I understand more..
Bruce Bertram got back to me and his minimum production run is 10,000 pcs of brass !
basically $30k ($3.00 a pc)
this is less than half price of Bertram 500 Jeffery brass at Midway.....

this will be properly formed & headstamped brass, no custom case forming dies, necking down and fireforming, load and shoot at less than half the cost of the parent case ..... can be legally used in countries requiring headstamp match the chamber in rifle .....
if we get enough guys to jump on board or someone willing to finance this production run we can get this going .....

I was interested in building one, got the big action, barrel and prepared to go forward but...

proprietary?

Put the brakes on until I understand more..
I don't know why my response was a thread killer?

If I can get Swaplord's blessings to order a reamer then I'm in for the bulk purchase.

Mr. Seaman

proprietary basically means you rent the reamers from me to chamber a barrel,
this is a wildcat reamer rental business I am establishing, have 20 wildcats I developed and a few more on the way, (attempting to provide factory made brass) but at this point , later this summer will start offering "cow" formed brass for several wildcats ....
reamers will be provided with load data generated with my guns chambered with the same reamers you choose, since I am barred by LRH from providing much more info , you can contact me by pm for details ....

Thank you for the business like reply.

I'll go with my own design.

Sorry I won't be able to back or participate in you brass run.

All the best

Sorry to hear that you won't be participating in the run of brass, If you had contacted me by pm as I requested , you would have been pleased with the results from new developements , no big deal though we will see what the shot show will bring !!

Good luck with your wildcat, necking down the .510 neck on the big Jeff takes some good effort, patience and a box full of expensive case forming dies . 500 Jeffery brass is $$ at Midway but we will be getting it fully formed ready to load at half the cost ...

PT&G gets a ton of calls requesting my reamers and I had a discussion with Dave Kiff recently and he urged me to release the proprietary hold on my reamers so they can get into the hands of gunsmiths all over the country, I made a few calls to several shops and got the same results,
I made the decision and PT&G will make reamers on my wildcats for anyone who wants them..

all wildcats on the 300 & 338 Norma Mag
the Precision Rifled Ordnance (PRO) series
6.5 Pro
7.62 Pro
338 Pro
375 Pro
416 Pro
458 Pro (coming soon)
500 Pro (coming soon)

the Long Range Hunter (LRH) series ... (300 & 338 Norma based)
270 LRH (coming soon)
7mm LRH
8mm LRH

500 Jeffery wildcats....
300 Werewolf
338 Wolverine
375 Mjolnir
416 Grizzly

500 AHR (American Hunting Rifle) wildcats....
338 Jaguar
375 Executioner

460 Zeus .... (458/416 Barret Imp 30*)

6.5X55 Swedish Mauser wildcats ....
6.5 Wolf Killer
243 Coyote Killer

including the new "Stomper" series of wildcats I'm currently developing
the 338 Lapua case cut down to WSSM length, case maxed out and 35* shoulder

the "375 Hog Stomper" is done and is being built on a Win 70 WSSM and an 8 twist X-Caliber barrel
WSSM bolt action case length is 1.670" , case necks can be trimmed back to 1.625" for AR15 builds .
ballistically Identical to the 376 Steyr but in a super short handy bolt action rifle and AR15 platforms for the "Tacti-Cool" dudes !

the 416, 338 and 300 Stompers are enroute ...

have several more wildcats cooking and as all the above reamers will be available at Pacific Tool & Gauge on request ....

thank you all for your interest and support .......

Sorry to hear that you won't be participating in the run of brass, If you had contacted me by pm as I requested , you would have been pleased with the results from new developements , no big deal though we will see what the shot show will bring !! ...
I missed the PM part. My bad.

As for releasing the reamers, total game changer.

PM inbound.

Did you have problems with the cartridge fitting in the magazine. As I had to do some modifying for my lazzeroni warbird to load.

Would be interested in details on the 7 LRH ?

Rifle is completed...
currently cow banging brass and hoping to go out and do some shooting, the sub zero temps seem to have passed for now, looking at 20 30 F this week, good shooting weather !

Did you have problems with the cartridge fitting in the magazine. As I had to do some modifying for my lazzeroni warbird to load.

The KRG Whiskey 3 chassis use AICS cip mags and I had to slightly modify the ribs on the inside of the mags by removing enough material so loaded rounds run with no problems... it was a very small amount removed just so cartridges don't have any binding.... the 500 Jeffery parent case was used as a guide to clear the mags but is almost a straight walled case , I added more taper to my wildcats for flawless extraction of a fired case and it helps the cartridges work in the mags with zero issues ...

.375 Executioner is in progress...

Attachments

• tmp_32219-20150703_2116391746808637.jpg
    tmp_32219-20150703_2116391746808637.jpg
    139.7 KB · Views: 191
Warning! This thread is more than 8 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.