45-90 to 45-70

It has everything to do with with brass size. Every chamber and every gun is different. If you neglect to do your due diligence and make things right with lead bullets, you will get poor performance. I have a few rifles that have a bore of .450 and a groove of .458 but, I shoot .460 bullets in them in both grease groove and Paper patch designs, and I get very very little to no loading in them because I built the bullet around the rifle. On most rifles .001 over groove will work because the fired brass is that size but, you should never assume. Why leave accuracy on the table when its so easy to get more by just buying a mold thats the correct size? By buying the correct mold for your weapon, you size the brass less and have far less issues with neck tension and crimp. Even changing a driving band so it engraves the rifling upon chambering can have better results. Choosing the correct bullet lube for the pressures your shooting can also have and affect on accuracy, and not getting leading.

matt