44 Mag Reduced Recoil Loads?

I've long been trying to find a reduced recoil load for my 2.75" Ruger 44 mag THAT SHOOTS AS WELL AS FULL HOUSE. I've got thousands of 240 grain cast SWCs and Hornady xTPs in 180 and 200 grains. I can post respectable groups with faster harder hitting loads but they seem to open up at lower charges. I'm trying to make this gun fun to shoot, and for me that means I can actually go out and shoot a pile of them in a session without getting sore. I've got Unique and 2400 on hand. Lay some wisdom on me.
You might check with some of John Taffin's loads he writes for a lot of the wheel gun books, he's out of Boise Idaho... try Sixguns.com John does a lot of .44 cal stuff, he kinda stayed in Keith's tracks. You might just follow the .44 Special light loads from the book and your powders, that makes it pretty easy that way. Good luck Cheers.

1664047077706.png

We've had good luck with 240-245 Keith type and 9-10 gr Unique

7grs green dot or 6.5 of Clays with a 240 lswc cast from wheel weights I s my light plinking loads for my .44's as I was given several lbs of each years ago. Very mild recoil and super accurate.

My heavy loads are either h110 or 2400 loaded on the upper end

I shoot 200 grain RNFP cast bullets loaded with Trail Boss powder at around 900 fps. Easy to handle and fun plinking.

I have used between 7.5 and 9 grains of Unique behind 240 gr cast bullets for a bunch of years. Recoil is mild.
Same here, higher charge for the bowling pin (no candle pin) matches! Never got 1st, but was always at least 2nd, never lower than 3rd place ... where all the other shooters in the top 10 were using 1911s with more rounds on board.

Target 44 Special loads, they work great! If need be, go to Rental Reamer and get the kit to touch up each chamber (all to the SAME size too) and the forcing cone; it can turn a 4" group gun into a 2" or better one. And I have done so more on Rugers than on ANY other brand revolver.