41xc 37xc 33xc and 30xc

What are your thoughts on a 30xc for a competition cartridge? They would have to run 5 to 10 round strings in a 6 minute window, but then there is at least an hour in between strings. I've heard they can be a pain to keep in tune, but with the added component of a barrel tuner, would that make them a little easier to keep in tune?

Attachments

• 20201013_082017.jpg
    20201013_082017.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 202
Bravo 4,
Nothing I put in it is slower than 3300fps.
Haven't shot any true ELR bullets as such, but I run a 327gr solid turned brass bullet with relief grooves. BC is .790 G1.
Haven't calculated the G7 BC, I've actually forgotten how to do it on Ballistic AE...doh.
Have used other bullets, but when hitting steel at 1600mtr (1 mile) I use the above.
Those Lasers aren't available here.
Another interesting facet of my cartridge development is that I necked up 416 Rigby brass to 458 with no other changes 8 years before Rigby announced theirs. Have also done a 30 and attempted a 27, the brass didn't like the pressures and the velocity was disappointing to say the least. I don't know how Kirby Allen keeps his brass intact?!

Cheers.

What are your thoughts on a 30xc for a competition cartridge? They would have to run 5 to 10 round strings in a 6 minute window, but then there is at least an hour in between strings. I've heard they can be a pain to keep in tune, but with the added component of a barrel tuner, would that make them a little easier to keep in tune?
use a match bullet 210grain or so and tune down the velocity to reliable
What velocity you expecting?
And what do you estimate the BC on those 600 grainers to be?
2800 g7 .500

Bravo 4,
Nothing I put in it is slower than 3300fps.
Haven't shot any true ELR bullets as such, but I run a 327gr solid turned brass bullet with relief grooves. BC is .790 G1.
Haven't calculated the G7 BC, I've actually forgotten how to do it on Ballistic AE...doh.
Multiply the G1 BC by .512 and it'll give a good start for the G7.