375 SAUM

375ultramag

Not sure where you guys would want me post this but I'll stick it here and if you want it somewhere else let me know and I can post it there. I finally got a chance to take my Remington 700 375 saum with a 20" Er Shaw barrel out and play with it. 64gr. of Varget is running close to 2700 fps with 185 lehigh controlled fracturing. I shot a doe at about 85 yards and it had a 1" exit and destroyed the heart and lungs. Behind the shoulder in the crease. She might have made it 60 yards tops. Sorry I didn't get any pics of the damage but I wouldn't think twice about shooting a bear or something tougher with it. Didn't seem like it was lacking any penetration issues.

Last edited:
300 saum ran through a 338 rcm die with the expander button ran down into the case body well just to expand the the neck to .338 and then ran through a 375-300 saum redding die with a 375 button expander button installed. It's basically just a necked up 300 saum with the freebore cut to allow a 260 accubond loaded with the boattail at the neck-shoulder junction. I decided to try the 185gr. lehigh controlled fracturing bullet and can't say I'm disappointed so far. I was trying to get a little better velocity. I think I might play with something like 250 ttsx or something close to that when I get second. But as of now I'm happy with what it's doing.