375 Mercenary

the .423 caliber 505 gr bullet is pretty slick ...

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    69 KB · Views: 285
We also have the 420 Blitzkrieg reamer enroute, this giganto exceeds the capacity of the 416 Barrett by a good click and then some, although it does not require the 50 BMG actions it is based on the coming .800" bolt single shot Rem clone in the works ....

Hello Swamplord,

Is the Blitzkrieg going to utilize BMG primers for ignition?
Are you wildcatting brass or going to have it made with proper headstamp, etc?

Thanks,

THEIS

We have full intention on having formed headstamped brass available and that is in progress at the moment, in the meantime we are making brass ourselves

once we get the 375 Mercenary brass stateside (should be done next week) we will be all over the 420, lol

Making loading blocks for the "magic" 375 Mercenary ...........

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    132.4 KB · Views: 170
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    125.9 KB · Views: 118
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    180.3 KB · Views: 164
  • 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    160.5 KB · Views: 168
Swamplord,

Do you have a rifle built for this round? If you get it patented or in production (whichever lol) will you build rifles? I really want a long range hammer. I've always loved the .338 Lapua but need the dough to build an ELR rifle. I like your designs and the potential for some far off shooting.

the 375 Mercenary test rifle has been built and I have been shooting it with the 100 pcs of brass I formed from the parent 585 Nyati case, Data collection is ongoing via a Magnetospeed chronograph shooting Cutting Edge bullets in various weights with H50BMG and RL50, also will be testing the VV 20N29

no clue what patents you speak of, this is a wildcat I developed in 2013, set aside then returned to it and have overcome numerous obstacles to get to where we are now with a shooting system, we have brass in production nearing completion and nothing was secret about that as we had an open to all group brass buy invitation, multiple guys participated in this and we are in high gear anticipating some fun times to come with this cartridge

New addition to the 423 caliber bullet line, a 435 gr ELR bullet for extreme velocity in the gargantuan 420 Blitzkrieg cartridge and his smaller brother the 420 Enforcer
3 more bullets on the way with a hp hunting version, the best news yet is we have a barrel manufacturer that will be making 10 twist 8 groove barrels up to 38" finished lengths, this opens up a lot of leeway in bullet design over the current 12 tw barrel .....

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    88.7 KB · Views: 236
New addition to the 423 caliber bullet line, a 435 gr ELR bullet for extreme velocity in the gargantuan 420 Blitzkrieg cartridge and his smaller brother the 420 Enforcer
3 more bullets on the way with a hp hunting version, the best news yet is we have a barrel manufacturer that will be making 10 twist 8 groove barrels up to 38" finished lengths, this opens up a lot of leeway in bullet design over the current 12 tw barrel .....

8 groove?? Do you have Pics the rifles shooting these monsters? Are manufacturers making bullets specifically for these calibers to test the waters? Thanks for the updates. Some pretty cool stuff.

8 groove??

Hello,

8 grooves were always considered the norm for the 408 and 375 back when Lawton was the "go to" barrel manufacturer.
Glad to see another company picking that back up.

Water capacity of the 420 Blitzkrieg?

Thanks,
THEIS

Hello,

8 grooves were always considered the norm for the 408 and 375 back when Lawton was the "go to" barrel manufacturer.
Glad to see another company picking that back up.

Water capacity of the 420 Blitzkrieg?

Thanks,
THEIS

what we've seen with long, heavy solid copper bullets is you can drive them faster with more grooves in super fast twist for caliber barrels before pressuring out, we can run 12 tw 5 groove barrels just fine but will not stabilize the 1.0 + bc bullets properly, the more grooves the less stress on the bullet surface, also applies to jacketed lead core bullets, jackets don't get twisted off the core and bullets remain stable in flight instead of getting dusted 30 yards past the muzzle

h20 capacity is North of 2.5 gallons and South of 3

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    28.9 KB · Views: 169
Are manufacturers making bullets specifically for these calibers to test the waters? .

Yes sir, the 3 different bullet weights coming are being made in MTAC and MTH prototypes for us by Cutting Edge, starting with the heaviest the 10 tw will stabilize and down from there, after crunching numbers based on the heaviest 416 cal and 510 cal MTAC bullets we figure a heavy weight bullet around 650 gr should work, got more than enough capacity to squirt it out plenty fast

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    32.6 KB · Views: 241
h20 capacity is North of 2.5 gallons and South of 3

Cute. What is the case capacity and what is the rim diameter?

Really hard to understand why all the pushback on going to a .50 BMG action - a lot more straightforward than doing all the forced-fit work with smaller cases that will never have the capacity of the .50 BMG class. If you can afford the development, step up to cartridges based on the 20mm Vulcan.

Cute. What is the case capacity and what is the rim diameter?

Really hard to understand why all the pushback on going to a .50 BMG action - a lot more straightforward than doing all the forced-fit work with smaller cases that will never have the capacity of the .50 BMG class. If you can afford the development, step up to cartridges based on the 20mm Vulcan.

Not interested in wasting anymore of my time and money on the 50 BMG and the 416 Barrett based wildcats, crap brass is the weakest link, not worth building highly expensive/heavy guns for, no matter what you do to the 50 cal brass you still end up with the gaping hole at the bottom of the case along with the huge flash hole that dictate how hot you can load it, go over just a bit and it's one pop and toss brass........

There is a lot of room between the 50 BMG and the CheyTac diameter cases and for the last year and a half our new case design has been good for us , you can take a really strong 100k psi case and a scaled up Rem 700 clone action with an .800" bolt and 5" port to run these types of cartridges, 3 action makers I know of are doing this and probably a dozen more I don't know of, pretty soon it will be a normal thing like the Stiller TAC 408 action.......

Who knows , maybe Remington will see the light and make it a standard production action and we all live happily ever after........ We have made them aware of this ongoing phenomenon,
Are you listening REMINGTON ?

In my view there is absolutely no real need for the 50 BMG at all, most dudes are awestruck by that cartridge because of it's size and history but in reality it is way past it's prime, 20mm ? got a big box of brass quite some time ago is all I got to say ..........

had to get a bigger bit to drill the holes in the loading block for the 420 BLITZKRIEG.......

lots of coo,l fun stuff happening

Attachments

• 6c.jpg
    6c.jpg
    67.6 KB · Views: 244
Warning! This thread is more than 6 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.