375 h&h factory gun - Remington, Winchester, Kimber

Actually picked up a Browning A-bolt SS locally that was on consignment. Shooting a ladder today with H4350 and 260gr Partitions.

my only gripe before shooting is it's on the lighter side and can only hold 3 down…but honestly it's not for dangerous game so I think I'll be ok with it.

I will keep this thread going with updates on how it performs!

Actually picked up a Browning A-bolt SS locally that was on consignment. Shooting a ladder today with H4350 and 260gr Partitions.

my only gripe before shooting is it's on the lighter side and can only hold 3 down…but honestly it's not for dangerous game so I think I'll be ok with it.
If you don't like the recoil of the A-Bolt you really wouldn't like the Talkeetna due to its lightweight.

I got my 375 mostly for bears and elk in the brush and clear cuts of WA so I put an NXS 2.5-10 on it. I had to full length bed mine to get better accuracy but it now shoots great and carries like a dream.

For plinking I've use the 300gr Hornady RN and a lightish load, for hunting I chose the 300 NAB and recoil is quite brisk.
B8CDAB5E-A889-4200-AD0A-28B9B0BFFF3E.jpeg

Last edited:
MallardAddict, Darn nice choice! If I were looking to buy a .375 today....the Talkeetna would be on my short list of one! Then a visit to a good gunsmith to make it an AI.....would complete a near perfect rifle! memtb

Update, shot 2 different loads after doing a pressure test with 260gr partitions and H4350.

First load was 76.8gr at roughly 2,710 fps and is pictured higher on the target, first 2 next to each other and the 3rd a little lower (honestly not sure if that was me or not).

Second load was 79.3gr at roughly 2,790 fps and is marked in the picture - very happy with this group out of this setup! Don't think I could shoot it any better off of front and rear bags on a bench.

Recoil was stout with the higher load but with that accuracy I have to use it. Shot it off of sticks afterwards both sitting and standing - and it wasn't bad at all, much better than getting beat up off the bench.

overall, very happy with the rifle thus far - hit a 10" plate at 291 yards with it holding over off of shooting sticks, so I think it will fill the role I had envisioned for it nicely.

Attachments

• 4089AFE6-E2EA-41F6-BECB-DDAEA1C7CB9D.jpeg
    4089AFE6-E2EA-41F6-BECB-DDAEA1C7CB9D.jpeg
    264 KB · Views: 53
Seems to me you know how to shoot a light rifle in a heavy caliber, ha. I think you made a great choice, especially for what you envision for its use. Best of luck to you Pard! ( and really, later on, the 375 AI or its twin, the 375 Weatherby are fine wildcats on this case! :) )