.375 bishop?

snox801

Ok so I'm needing a new project.
So I'm going as light as possible juts to see what can be done.
This caliber got my attention. Mainly because it should have a thump. I was originally thinking .358 to be weird but then saw this. Most barrel manufacturers light contour only goes to .30 but number 2 offers up to .375. Same exterior so that's less metal inside. Plus with a 16" barrel the bigger bore will help. So if I do a 16" with a .375 and twisted barrel is gonna do a heavy flute to what he deals safe. Then all ti everything and lightest parts I can find.
Any other caliber for a short action I should consider as they have yet to release the final specs and after a talk they may not offer the reamer either. Just Looking for a short fat short action round to push around a 200gr pill

Looking at the Bishop brass, I personally would not use that as the basis for a high dollar build. I'd bet the brass will always be scarce as well as costly. Why not consider a Win short mag or Remington short mag case as the basis for your "thumper"? -Ed

This caliber got my attention. Mainly because it should have a thump. I was originally thinking .358 to be weird but then saw this. Most barrel manufacturers light contour only goes to .30 but number 2 offers up to .375. Same exterior so that's less metal inside. Plus with a 16" barrel the bigger bore will help. So if I do a 16" with a .375 and twisted barrel is gonna do a heavy flute to what he deals safe. Then all ti everything and lightest parts I can find.
Any other caliber for a short action I should consider as they have yet to release the final specs and after a talk they may not offer the reamer either. Just Looking for a short fat short action round to push around a 200gr pill
Lightest gun, short carbine barrel, large caliber......the saying is spend once cry once....not shoot everytime....cry everytime! Personally....I'd rethink this....just me.....they've come along way with rotator cuff surgery though and that's encouraging!

I'd bet the brass will always be scarce as well as costly.

Prohibitively costly, yes. The brass is manufactured by RCC 'on demand' so it can be available anytime as long as the CNC program is intact and there is a machine available with someone to push the buttons. Currently though, according to other wildcatters here, RCC production is backed up significantly so pre-planning any purchase is suggested.

The lack of specifications leaves me more than little irritated. But we can always make informed guesses for an approximation.

There are hardly any decent 200 gr. bullets available. Step up and enjoy the push!

Teppo Jutsu sort of promoted this idea for the .375 Teppo Jutsu cartridge. It didn't have the same dimensions as the Bishop but the case used the significantly rebated rim combined with a large case diameter for volume.

The .375 Noveske is the WSM necked up so loaded with a 300 gr. Partition, you can realize 2550 fps from a 22" barrel. Lopping off 6" for your 16" barrel you lose velocity by about 200 fps. maybe a little less. Limited to the AR platform, you have a thumper at best. Juggling some numbers, you might reach the 600 yard mark with 1,000 ft/lbs of remaining energy.

Personally, I wouldn't spend my money on one of these even though I'm hardcore about new wildcats.

;):)

Lightest gun, short carbine barrel, large caliber......the saying is spend once cry once....not shoot everytime....cry everytime! Personally....I'd rethink this....just me.....they've come along way with rotator cuff surgery though and that's encouraging!
I've had several tears in my rotator also. You will get back to full fitness function . I only notice mine on rare occasions but never shooting.

I'm not stuck on that round just an option. I liked the idea of the 200gr pill because speed may do more at the 500 yard mark. But again I'm open for trying different bullets. I do t need a bunch available more than likely gonna shoot the hammers like I do in everything else.

ÀÀ⁰
I've had several tears in my rotator also. You will get back to full fitness function . I only notice mine on rare occasions but never shooting.
You are then the only lucky one and good on you....never got even close to full function on either one...nor any of my friends....strength from ground to waist height 100% ...lifting or pushing at or above shoulder height....easy loss of 60-70 %. May be age...never tore one till after 54!

I noticed rrc was making 475 bishop brass. What options will there be for 375 bishop brass, dies, and factory ammo?

This would be another option, 375 wsm

ÀÀ⁰

You are then the only lucky one and good on you....never got even close to full function on either one...nor any of my friends....strength from ground to waist height 100% ...lifting or pushing at or above shoulder height....easy loss of 60-70 %. May be age...never tore one till after 54!
Did mine young and had a absolutely amazing ortho doc. I was racing atv's and snowmobiles at the pro level.
I heal very fast. Knees, and all. Had a compound fracture of my tibia Fibia pretty bad. Had a external fixation brace. They had to reset after 3 weeks and still was back racing at the highest level in about 4-5 months. I still notice some shoulder weakness and they definitely are not what they were but I've been very lucky

A .375 in my case (pun intended) meant power.
375 RBH (338 NM necked to .375 and improved).
This wildcat gives it at a weight that I can shoot very comfortably. Still "thumps".
A 270 grain Hammer @ 3000fps from a 22 inch barrel
Just another option to think about

0530C5E4-856D-4E42-A4F0-C43D5164DE56.jpeg
6A1D74F8-2008-4558-9119-84C1D7E68D1A.jpeg
B72D7782-0A0D-4455-B449-FEF36F4C9F10.jpeg

Last edited:
A .375 in my case (pun intended) meant power.
375 RBH (338 NM necked to .375 and improved).
This wildcat gives it at a weight that I can shoot very comfortably. Still "thumps".
A 270 grain Hammer @ 3000fps from a 22 inch barrel
Just another option to think about

View attachment 357623View attachment 357625View attachment 357633
That's a big boy for sure. But trying to stay in the short action to save weight. That's is a fantastic looking rifle.

Did mine young and had a absolutely amazing ortho doc. I was racing atv's and snowmobiles at the pro level.
I heal very fast. Knees, and all. Had a compound fracture of my tibia Fibia pretty bad. Had an external fixation brace. They had to reset after 3 weeks and still was back racing at the highest level in about 4-5 months. I still notice some shoulder weakness and they definitely are not what they were but I've been very lucky
Yes. There are 375 Short Magnum dies available. It comes with the rifle or upper.

Prohibitively costly, yes. The brass is manufactured by RCC 'on demand' so it can be available anytime as long as the CNC program is intact and there is a machine available with someone to push the buttons. Currently though, according to other wildcatters here, RCC production is backed up significantly so pre-planning any purchase is suggested.

The lack of specifications leaves me more than little irritated. But we can always make informed guesses for an approximation.

There are hardly any decent 200 gr. bullets available. Step up and enjoy the push!

Teppo Jutsu sort of promoted this idea for the .375 Teppo Jutsu cartridge. It didn't have the same dimensions as the Bishop but the case used the significantly rebated rim combined with a large case diameter for volume.

The .375 Noveske is the WSM necked up so loaded with a 300 gr. Partition, you can realize 2550 fps from a 22" barrel. Lopping off 6" for your 16" barrel you lose velocity by about 200 fps. maybe a little less. Limited to the AR platform, you have a thumper at best. Juggling some numbers, you might reach the 600 yard mark with 1,000 ft/lbs of remaining energy.

Personally, I wouldn't spend my money on one of these even though I'm hardcore about new wildcats.

;):)
We've capped maximum safe loading at 2,850 fps with 4,500 ft-lbs of energy behind it. It has the same ballistics and range as a 375 H&H Magnum. It feeds like a champ through an AR-10, and we have a bolt action and hunting rifle available. Reloading die set comes with it, as well as 100 cases and a certificate for 100 projectiles from Hawk Precision although it was designed and tested with other off the shelf projectiles from Speer and others. We tested with a 220 grain projectile although you can use heavier projectiles; you will just need to adjust the load data appropriately.

The round builds 70,000 psi of pressure. The brass is able to handle that because of the specific properties of the brass used and how we designed it on the inside.

Last edited:
Maybe this