338SS NOW A REALITY

Why do you have to keep this up?! No money for one now.... unless... I part myself out lol who needs 2 kidneys anyways? I'm looking at a couple options to make it happen.

Rich,
This thread has gone cold. Maybe, I am missing a different one. What is the latest on 338SS??? I have a Borden Mid length ordered... About ready to make up mind on this... Any performance updates?
Thanks,

Please forgive my ignorance. What is the difference between the 338 Sherman and the SS other than receiver size? I am wanting yo start a 338 build, but want something other than the standard offerings. I have no real use for one.....but when has that stopped amyone.

Please forgive my ignorance. What is the difference between the 338 Sherman and the SS other than action size? I am wanting yo start a 338 build, but want something other than the standard offerings. I have no real use for one.....but when has that stopped amyone.

Please forgive my ignorance. What is the difference between the 338 Sherman and the SS other than receiver size? I am wanting yo start a 338 build, but want something other than the standard offerings. I have no real use for one.....but when has that stopped amyone.
338 Sherman is based on a blown out 270 case. 338 SS is a shortened, blown out Saum case, and the new 338 max will outrun both and is based on a full length highly modified Saum case.

Curse you Elkaholic! How dare you dangle an even bigger carrot in front of me.....

So the 338 Max will work with a short action? I havent bought any parts as of now. I was waiting to figure out what I really wanted. I really didnt want something like a rum or lapua because of the recoil.....and that everyone has one. Gotta be different. Thanks for all the info. Looks like I will be needing you in the near future!

So the 338 Max will work with a short action? I havent bought any parts as of now. I was waiting to figure out what I really wanted. I really didnt want something like a rum or lapua because of the recoil.....and that everyone has one. Gotta be different. Thanks for all the info. Looks like I will be needing you in the near future!
You really need a medium action to get the most out of it
It requires a 3.1" box for the high b c bullets. A Tikka works very well in a factory action. Defiance makes a great medium action in a costom called the XM. Or, you could build it on a long action like I am on a 700 by using a Quick Clip Magazine from Cabelas
A short action 700 will work but only with a Bainey box from PTG

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.