338 ultra mag rifle?

Godfather

Hello, I am looking to purchase a new 338 ultra mag rifle. Not really sure what options are out there and was wondering what you guys would recommend.

Thank you!

I'm not sure anyone chambers a factory rifle for .338 RUM anymore. Might be one in a catalogue, but finding one over the counter, or online even seems unlikely to me. Used maybe.

.338 Lapua, or .340 Weatherby will perform very similarly, if new factory is what you wish.

I'm not sure anyone chambers a factory rifle for .338 RUM anymore. Might be one in a catalogue, but finding one over the counter, or online even seems unlikely to me. Used maybe.

.338 Lapua, or .340 Weatherby will perform very similarly, if new factory is what you wish.

I am amazed that Remington stop making the 700 XCR in 338 rem ultra mag but you may be able to find one on one of the mail order sites. (Like Budsgunshop or Gun broker).

It is a great cartridge

J E CUSTOM

Remington still shows the xcr 2 chambered in the 338 RUM. They are still out there. I found a lightly used xcr2 on the shelf a couple weeks ago, so at least I know they exist.

I am amazed that Remington stop making the 700 XCR in 338 rem ultra mag but you may be able to find one on one of the mail order sites. (Like Budsgunshop or Gun broker). It is a great cartridge J E CUSTOM

I love mine (custom), but do wish it was more universally available.

As JE said, the RUM is a fantastic cartridge. Brass can be hard to come by though. If you're heart is set on the RUM, keep with it, you'll find one.

t

Looks like the xcr 2 is the only option. Surprisingly I do not re load so I just buy factory ammo. I usually test a lot of different kinds to see which is the most accurate in that particular gun.

Warning! This thread is more than 10 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.