338 test bullets?

Talked to Steve at length today over at Hammerbullets.com

He is very knowledgeable and patient when dealing with potential customers! He will help guide you in picking the right bullet for your application.

After Steve crunched some numbers for me, I ordered some 213gr & 236gr Hammer Hunter samples. Both give me approx 500yd range while staying above 1800fps in my 338fed. I look forward to testing them in the coming months.

These Hammers may be the ticket for my short-medium range hammer!
Still wouldn't mind testing 225accubond or 210scirocco2 if anyone has a open box laying on their bench

James

Be sure to let us know how those 213gr bullets work. Those things are longer than your case body. If you can get enough powder behind them to make them go 1800 fps at 500 yards, I want some of them for myself.

Be sure to let us know how those 213gr bullets work. Those things are longer than your case body. If you can get enough powder behind them to make them go 1800 fps at 500 yards, I want some of them for myself.
That's a good point! My Tikka is a Long action as tikka only makes one action, I pulled the shortened bolt stop and added a long magazine so I can seat the bullet out w/o worry about mag length. It still may not be enough in that short case, we will see.
James

That's a good point! My Tikka is a Long action as tikka only makes one action, I pulled the shortened bolt stop and added a long magazine so I can seat the bullet out w/o worry about mag length. It still may not be enough in that short case, we will see.
James
I didn't realize you were using a long action, that would make a difference. Moving a 338 bullet .300" will change the powder capacity by about 6 grains.

Last edited:
I have two partial boxes (about 60 total) of Nosler 210 Partitions, and two partial boxes (about 80) 225 grain Swift A-Frames. PM me if you wish to make an offer on any or all of them. The A-Frame is similar construction to the Partition, but is bonded.
I bought them for my .340 Weatherby, but ended up using the 225 Barnes TTSX.

edited to add: I also have a box of 85 Hornady 225 grain Spire Points.

If anyone else is interested PM me.

Last edited:
Warning! This thread is more than 6 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.