338 Rum and Alaska Brown Bear !

No Papua's !!

Rum Man
I went the NM/I route over the LM/I route.
.338_Lapua_Magnum_vs_.338_Norma_Magnum.jpg

.338 Thor cut-out 300 Berger 3.7 COAL.jpg

My .338 Thor with 300 Berger with 3.7" COAL touching the lands.

I just finnished up a new to me 338 Rum on Saturday!
Next good weather day I'm going to take it for a Spin !
Defiance tenacity, Proof 26" carbon 1/9 twist , SRS ti 5 port selftimer , Triggertech Primary , Mesa Precision altitude, 20 moa base and topped it with a Burris XTR ii 5x 25 x 50 .
I'm going to test Re-33 & nv570 with the 300 gr. Bergers.
I have a 24" Rum set up with 250 gr bergers already ! Re-26 & 250 gr bergers @ 2997 ft.per.sec.

Man I like the Rum's ! 🤣🤣

Rum Man

I was surprised Adam didn't have Accubonds loaded in his newest Gunworks 338 RUM. Can't argue with results, but has anyone else here used Accubonds on Grizzly/Brown Bears?

Not on bears but I've shot a few bull moose with the 250gr Accubonds from my 338RUM. A particularly large bull took a broadside shot to the shoulder. The bullet passed through the bones of both shoulders before getting caught in the off-side hide. The bull flipped over backwards and was DOA. The remaining bullet weighed 140gr. Considering how much bone it smashed through, I figured that 140gr was pretty good. Other bulls that were shot broadside in the chest all had the bullets exit. The bulls didn't get far.

Not on bears but I've shot a few bull moose with the 250gr Accubonds from my 338RUM. A particularly large bull took a broadside shot to the shoulder. The bullet passed through the bones of both shoulders before getting caught in the off-side hide. The bull flipped over backwards and was DOA. The remaining bullet weighed 140gr. Considering how much bone it smashed through, I figured that 140gr was pretty good. Other bulls that were shot broadside in the chest all had the bullets exit. The bulls didn't get far.

That's alot of tissue to pass through on a Moose! Great representation of what they can do. I've personally killed Moose & G Bears with Barnes TTSX's & a Hammer Bullet on the last one. Thinking I want to try an Accubond next go just because.

Yah, it really was…

A few things stand out ….

- My first bear hunt.
- In the field with the love of my life.
- Flying with Jim Tweto ( Don't ask, just ask Dr. Google )
- Hunting w/ Lance ( & Nikki )
- The pack out. ( Long story, just see pic )

Attachments

• IMG_7123.jpeg
    IMG_7123.jpeg
    256.3 KB · Views: 40
  • IMG_7124.jpeg
    IMG_7124.jpeg
    238.5 KB · Views: 45

Recent Posts