338 Rum and Alaska Brown Bear !

I'm guess'n that you'll really like the 375 RUM. It may not have quite the reach of that 338 RUM, but within it's wheelhouse….I think that you'll be pretty pleased!

While my little AI is a bit shy of the RUM's performance…..it works pretty good on game! memtb
I had plans to have it ready for Spring Bear hunting in Montana, but my Smith has other plans .😥😥

I picked up all my parts from him and they are just setting on the Bench looking at me it seems ! 😎
This has happened to me a few times with this project ...maybe it's not meant to be . I was really looking forward to the blast of the 395 gr hammers I have to start with !

Rum Man

Remember shooting my first rum, and how it hammered what I shot. Kinda hard to go wrong with that much powder, don't think I'll ever not have at least one kicking around the safe. Have bought a few factory ones over the years from the local classifieds, early 2000s models that are stainless with iron sights and a box of 17 loaded and 3 empty included. Kept a 300 and gave a 375 rum to a friend in the village, will definitely pick up another 375 some day.

Bought a 338 rum back in the day, clearance rack blued, engraved and wood stocked with iron sights. It was ruthless on recoil without optics, but it was a lot of horsepower for the 500 some odd dollars I gave for it. Friend needed one after his guns were stolen, and he lost it on a hunt on the Yukon in a genuine boating accident. To this day we still joke about it being found and going on to crush shoulders another day.

I had plans to have it ready for Spring Bear hunting in Montana, but my Smith has other plans .😥😥

I picked up all my parts from him and they are just setting on the Bench looking at me it seems ! 😎
This has happened to me a few times with this project ...maybe it's not meant to be . I was really looking forward to the blast of the 395 gr hammers I have to start with !

Rum Man
It'll be a good spring for bear hunting. I was going to go to the Lamar tomorrow to look for G bears but it's supposed to be snowing sideways so I'll take a powder and go next Wed:)

I have a 338-RUM. This rifle has great accuracy, #4 Shilen 1-10 twist at 24 inches. It's my second 338-RUM. It puts the hammer-down on big critters. Hmm, maybe that's how I got my handle. I had Brown Precisions, put this rifle together for me.
I haven't used this rifle in a few years. I got the jazz to use .308 Winchester. The 308 Winchester has been working great.
I might put together a 30-06 improved for my next build. Build this for one of my grandsons.
For those who may not know, a 30-06 improved is a 270 Winchester. If you know, you know.
I need to build, two more rifles for my grandkids.
Take care.