.338 Lapua mag build

PEI Rob

My hunting buddy begged me to make him a rifle, here it is. Stevens 200 LA turned into a .338 Lapua mag with early Timberwolf mag and bottom metal. Gaillard barrel, Holland brake, Farrel base, TPS rings, Falcon Menace, Kydex cheekpiece I made, my freehanded bolt knob and a quality custom stock. It shoots good enough to win in F Class [edit - if it were allowed, it shot informally along with us] with 225 accubonds, he was one point behind me at 600. I had a tattoo artist paint it, his first rifle job. Overall I'm very happy with his paint job but I failed to tell him it was important to paint the rings, sear, trigger and cheekpiece bolts which didn't get the first coat of Ceracoat. I waited forever to get this painted, until I found this guy then it was no problem.

complete_1.jpg

complete_2.jpg

Last edited:
That is the sickest paint job I have ever seen!!! I am going to a tat artist I know that is a competition shooter to do my rifle when I return from Africa in september!! Awesome awesome stuff!!!!

Yes. Its in reality a HS Precision bottom metal. It took some serious reworking to get it properly pillar bedded, I used steel pillars. The entire bottom metal is epoxied in for greater strength to the system and stock. The 5rd mag is unmodified and removable by using the release lever between the mag and trigger guard. And I have another just like it :D

Warning! This thread is more than 15 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.