338 Lapua Imp. 40 degree Loads

@338 dude Do you have any photos of lung hits with your 250 bergers? I had two instances this past year where there wasnt much for expansion with the 300 grain bergers, nonetheless they still died quickly. i will note, both instances no rib was hit, both elk the shots were right between ribs on both entrance and exit, so virtually no bone was encountered.

View attachment 259500

View attachment 259502
No the deer on the trailer in the photo above is just one example I usually don't do a postmortem I just look for my own interest when field dressing but the two were shot at 210 and 225 yards small entrance hole and about a silver dollar size exit the one with its guts hanging out with shot at 413 yards I'm sure distance and speed has something to do with it. I shot the buck and the two does in front of me in the picture of me posing in the grass the buck with the head down behind me was shot by my hunting partner

The burger elite hunter 250s have always worked View attachment 259309good for me
The one thing I do remember is if you've ever watched ballistic gelatin in slow motion how the wound channel gets so large and then closes again that does liver was hanging outside of her body intact but would not even come close to going back through the whole I can only imagine the wound channel opened up very large forced the liver out and the wound channel closed up somewhat behind it

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.