338 lapua brass sticking.

Just to answer some questions, dies are rcbs, and I understand about bump dies. I have a 22-250 anklet that I had to cut down a shell holder for it, However I've never had a problem extracting brass that the shoulders need bumping only on chambering them. The chamber is not rusted, bore scoped it. And I'd love to try h1000 but can't find any around here. I have retumbo and will be trying it. Thanks guys for all the input and I will follow up with my progress.

Since you cannot find H1000, have you tried RL22? I have found that it performs very similarly in that caliber.

Believe we've fixed the problem, turns out it wasn't pressure either. Chamber was rough and after polishing seems to be ok. Now to test some diff loads. Tried several with rel 25, no sticking but accuracy not so good.

I bumped the shoulders back as far as the die would allow. Loaded rounds go in easily, no friction at all. I load for all my guns...alot...never had this happen without pushing the load to the hot side and these shouldn't be. Don't get it. I'll try backing down and see.

Ok,,I didn't read every responce, so it may have been touched on. Are you sure that you are not bumping the shoulders back to far??? Excessive headspace can create what looks like PSI issues.

Just axking,

Tod

You can post shitte on here, this is a grownup forum......:)

far as I'm concerned, rust only occurs when there is a lack of preparation for storage. Properly treated surfaces don't rust. Unlike shitte which occurs after digestion....:) In 30 years, I've never had a rusty bore or barrel and thats no shitte.

I have an occasional problem with the Remington SPS guns that I own. When I hunt in the rain my firearm gets wet to the bone. The porous finish of the metal is hard to get dry and re-oiled, especially under the wood or synthetic stocks. If you remove the stocks to make sure all the moisture is gone, then the rifles have to be checked for zero before they can be hunted with. So I do the best I can, but even bringing the weapons in from the cold causes microscopic molecules of water to condensate in the pores of the non-reflective metal. I've even sat in the duck pit and watched rust form on a gun while hunting with it. So I guess I'm not perfect when it comes to gun care, but then, who is?

Warning! This thread is more than 9 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.