338 edge best groups

I have the lower one in the pic, and in fact I was shooting clay pigeons and remnants of clay pigeons at 900 yards last night in a light/variable wind. I have to be honest that when I started last night I had no intentions of shooting that far, but then the clays started talking trash and it was on! Took about 4-5 shots to get dialed in on the first one, then hit two more in a row:) The last one I shot at another 5 times and missed every time.....but it was only a half of a pigeon so I wasn't too dissappointed.

This gun is just so fun to shoot, kind of makes me smile every time I pull the trigger..

clay pigeons at 900, thats a little better than 1/2 min.
i am going to go out and shoot mine this weekend and see what it will do at 1k. have you guys seen any diffrence in the group size after you load the brass a second time?

Not a .338edge but a .338Lapua AI

Built on a nesika action with mike rock bbl, Built by Long Ranger on this site, so far at 327 yrds (300m) I have been consistantly getting 1/2 inch groups..... More than happy with that and the 300gr SMKs...

Rick does awesome work..gun)

So far, we have not seen group size change with virgin brass vs. fired brass. I will say, I have a few cases that are on the 7th firing, and the primer pockets are getting a little loose. Those will throw you out of the group.:D

I think this scope modification helped :)
0317080948.jpg

ok i know that this pic is on my other post but i want to continue this post i think it could get good maybe a little freindly comp.for the best group? this isnt a very good group but i havent shot my gun muchgun)

picsmarch08347.jpg
">

ok went out yesterday and the wind was all over 2-18mph.
i was shooting at 760 and 1000 yards the wind was 3/4 value out of the 2:30 the first milk jug at 760 i missed it by 2 inches to the left and the second hit dead center. now the 1k was diffrent i shot 7 rounds at it and hit it 1 time i kept missing it by about 4 inches on either side of it but my elevation was right on from the start. i know that i need a lot more practice do you guys have any tips for me what made your hits at long range more consistened

what made shooting in the wind easyer for you guys?

338 lapua ax

Built on a nesika action with mike rock bbl, Built by Long Ranger on this site, so far at 327 yrds (300m) I have been consistantly getting 1/2 inch groups..... More than happy with that and the 300gr SMKs...

Rick does awesome work..gun)

What powder how many gr what velocity have you chronograph it and what is the es? Are you shooting max loads? Kirby is bulding a 338 ax whitch is a 338 Lapua AL.

I couldn't find one either, so I just drew that in AutoCad:) That one's just a paper tester with some stick glue, I want to get some actual stickers made now.

Warning! This thread is more than 17 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.