338 EDGE @3146 with 300 Berger

I agree 100%, most of my others are no where near this one. I think the chamber, thorat and barrel along with super long COAL attribute to the numbers. I believe Shawn is getting 3100 out of the 300's with his work.

AS I STATED EARLIER, DO NOT LOAD WITH MY DATA, EVERY GUN IS DIFFERENT AND REQUIRES ITS OWN LOAD DATA. I DO NOT KNOW WHERE ACCURACY NODE IS SINCE I SHOT WITHOUT SCOPE, BUT WAS JUST LOOKING FOR PRESSURE. I ALSO STARTED AT 88.5 GRAINS, OVER PRESSURE CAN AND WILL KILL!!!! START LOW AND WORK UP.

If this is an Edge with a +P chamber then my apologies. I missed that, and was under the impression it was a standard Edge. Yes with the +P Edge and VV 570 we have gotten 3100.

Jeff

I am not insinuating anything or analyzing this load in your particular rifle. But for those newcomers looking for 338 EDGE loads I will say that most EDGES with 300 gr bullets top out at max between 90 and 92 grains of H-1000. I have only seen a few rifles go to 93 gr and the primer pockets were done in two firings in those with RP brass. There are always exceptions, but from looking at the charge weight and velocity please be careful.:)

Jeff

If this is an Edge with a +P chamber then my apologies. I missed that, and was under the impression it was a standard Edge. Yes with the +P Edge and VV 570 we have gotten 3100.

Jeff

Not sure on the +P since it did not come from DE but this is definately different than my other edges. Plus the COAL is way longer than any of my other edges and longer than what Shawn uses, I think. My COAL is 4.005" and BTO is 3.155". If it shoots half as good as the velocity, my others are going away.

Not sure on the +P since it did not come from DE but this is definately different than my other edges. Plus the COAL is way longer than any of my other edges and longer than what Shawn uses, I think. My COAL is 4.005" and BTO is 3.155". If it shoots half as good as the velocity, my others are going away.

Well with your 300 gr bullet load with H-1000 the primer pockets will tell you in 2 to 3 firings.

Jeff

I was just told my rail will probably shipped next Monday, so I will do load data first part of next week.

I would be extremely careful . I have run 338 edges ,338-378's and other's 338 Lapua AI and the velocity is no where near that, leaning on them hard .Even with RL33 which has been showing faster velocities in these rounds than H1000. Not sure how it is producing these sky high numbers safely. Who knows maybe you have a really fast barrel but those numbers sound too high. Try another chronograph and see what you get maybe.

Let's us know how it shoots

Will do, loaded 5 at 96.5 and shot them 3 times to gauge primer pockets. They are definately bigger but still hold a primer well. Gonna load them up again to see what the 5 reload looks like. Shot through magneto and over Oehler, numbers came up around 3130 with magneto average and 3135 over Oehler when shot through or over both at same time. Still no accuracy, just checking primers and I normally get about 6 reloads out of my other edge's, so this one seems right on except that I am getting more velocity. This one is looking good so far, primers look gtg as noted in the pictures. I will post groups next week once I get my rail in, will take an extra day or so since I am having him polish it to make it pretty to match the rest of the gun.

Just loaded some up starting at 95 grains of H1000 and going to 101 with the 10x 270 grain boreriders, got 3390 at 99.5. I forgot I had them but figured I could try them for pressure and I have included a pic of the bullets. I can not get the magneto to register them at all, no matter the settings but the Oehler got em fine, ran into pressure at 99.5.

I don't even know what to say about these numbers. Something is completely out of the ordinary. Like one in a million type situation if it is working for you. I am not bashing at all just, with broz. If that is the case never sell this gun, because getting these results again will not happen. This is just in my opinion. And I would love to be proven wrong because everyone would love to know how to shoot 300 bergers safe at 3100 + and not have to leave new brass on the ground. Congrats and look forward to the updates.

Also with carlock he is using his special stepped throat that reduces pressure and then n570 powder that adds the most gain. So you should not have the same expectations of competing with that rig.

Remeber that this gun also uses a 4.000" COAL. What are you guys getting for velocity with a long COAL? I know my other guns are set for 3.850 COAL and they pressure sooner. This COAL is with a .025" jump. I am not into the lands yet.

Here is the info from the Magneto from the other day.

I have an edge AI (40 deg shoulder) and run a oal of 4.100" with the 300 hybrid. I ran into sticky extraction and primer pockets done in 2 firings (nosler brass) at 94gr H1000, I also had nose slump with the gen 1 bullets at 94gr. No matter as 91.5gr gives me the most consistent vertical dispersion. With 91.5gr I got 2940fps over a chrony beta, which lines up well with my drops out 1000. The speed seems high for the powder charge, especially since I have a tad more boiler room than most edges with a very long OAL.

Mine was throated long and this is what it did when doing intitial loads development. I ended up using 89 grains with a 215 and was at 2840 fps.

Attachments

• DSC_0193.jpg
    DSC_0193.jpg
    108.1 KB · Views: 152
So I had a few minutes this morning to shoot the edge with glass but not very long. Loaded 8 of them at 93 grains of H1000 at 4.005" COAL with the 300 Berger and .025" jump. Velocity was right on with other day at same powder charge and primer pockets felt good on removing primers, I will know more on the PP when I reinstall new primers. I have a ton of confidence that the group is gonna shrink and fast. First 2 were at 25 yards to make sure I was on paper and then other 6 were shot in 3 shot groups, so 2 groups. All were shot with Magneto, not Oehler and were at 300 yards! Here is the notes I have from this morning.

One is over an inch and the other is just under 1" outside to outside. No load development was done and I will probably do that sometime this week. Only scope I had was on a QR mount from an AR, so I used that and shiny one will be in its future.

This one is on fire and I have not tried RL33 (on its way) or N570 (on its way). I think 3250 fps might be in its future!!!!!! Just as a side note, these are feed from the BDL box mag and not singe feed.

Velocities are all over the place. There is no way with those es that it will work very far. How are you feeding from the factory bdl box and not a Wyatt's at 4.0"?