308win bullet and weight for wife’s gun?

Also I use the federal match large rifle primers with that load. The BR2 will work just as good but I think I loose some velocity but still very consistent.

I'm shooting 165 gr Sierra Gameking BTHP's and 45 grains of Varget through my Remington 700 AAC-SD. I'm getting roughly 2,660 fps out of the 20" barrel. If I do my part, at 100 yards 3 shots make one ragged hole.

At some point I want to do a test on the BR2 vs the 210M primers. I have them loaded up with some IMR4895, 178ELD-X bullets but I just had eye surgery (cataracts). Need to get the eye healed up first. I expecting to see about 2800FPS out of my rifle with the 210M and probably a little less with the BR2. Should get me out to 1000 yards with about 28 MOA of adjustment. Event though they are heavier they fly about the same as the 168 due to the better BC.

I've been using a Barnes 130gr TTSX over 46.5gr Benchmark in a Lapua case with a Fed 210M primer. Velocity is right at 3,140 ft/sec and accuracy is consistent at about 1" @ 300yds.
Hard not to like this combo.

Warning! This thread is more than 6 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.