300wsm

trying to work up a few loads looking for opinions

win 70 coyote ss 1/10
got win and fed brass
150gr accubonds, and 168gr Amax
loaded 3 with imr4350 at 2.80 A max 63 grns
loaded 3 with imr 4350 at 2.80 accubonds 64 grns

waiting on my new scope to get here today then gonna see how it does..will be whitetail hunting only with this

any load suggestions ?? I shot 3 with imr4350 2.850 with 180gr nosler ballistic tips , it shot about 2inch group .....it shot the factory fusion 150grns 1in though ...I will be happy with 1inch group

You are going to have to load more variations of powder than that. You cant just load 64 gr of powder with one type of bullet and then stop there. You have to start at a safe load such as the minimum load in reloading manual and then work up in half grain increments of powder. So with that said, take your 150 gr accubond and load them with (this is made up numbers, so start safe and work up) 62 gr of 4350, 62.5, 63, 63.5 and 64 and so on until you start getting pressure signs. Take the most accurate load from there and tweak the seating depth if you need to. Do this with your amaxes as well and take which ones you like best and go slay a deer. There are other methods and ways of doing this such as using a chrono but I am just giving you a basic way.

I started at minimum with the 180gr noslers ..and it didn't really. Anything I tried ..I shot several diff grains of powder .may try a diff powder as well ..

I have been a huge fan of 4350 in my 30-06. When i started loading for my 270wsm it was the first i tried i could not get it to shoot any better than .75. I switched to magpro per a friends recomendation and immediatly starting getting results. within a few loads i was down to .25 and under with several diff bullets.

Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.