300WSM reloading bench for starters

If you want load data for barnes bullets, send an e-mail to Barnes-- tell them what cartridge, bullet/weight and what powder and they will shoot you some reload data if they have it for that powder-- good guys to work with

In 260 H4350 and IMR4451 are almost identical.
Hodgdon lists 300 WSM 190gr SIE HPBT: IMR4451 start 57.1 and MAX 61.4

Thank you so much man. Been writing to all of them but stuff like this is what I can not google up or find out about on the net

Without starting a new thread is there any suggestions how to check headspace in a rifle that I want to load now when finally figured how and where from to start with loads...
Been looking a bit online and there is lot of videos with Hornady headspace gauges but for right now I am not equipped with all of them...
Liked the idea how to check seating depth by removing a firing pin and slowly turn seating die until seated bullet chambers easily off lands.
Can something similar be done with shell only to figure the headspace?

Also got some shorter than trim to brass and would like to know if I can shoot it out with some light loads to reach fire formed brass/headspace length ratio?

You can do the same thing for case fit to chamber, but the issue is variation. once you find the max CBTD that fits, how do you know your variation so you can setup your die? If you just turn it down until a case fits in the gun, I would expect 30% or so of reloads not to first all.

I use the Hornady tools to measure that variation. Then I use statistics to help me setup the die.

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.