300WM with 215 Berger Hybrid and limited COAL - hope?

HuntingBronco

Sorry if this has been asked and answered. Is it futile to load the 215 Berger Hybrid when magazine limitations dictate a COAL of 3.340? Considerable jump involved here. (Like 0.200" or slightly more.) Thanks!

Thanks - Just wondering if I should expect accuracy with such a jump. Maybe should have made that clear. Are people achieving accuracy running standard COAL?

I ran them in a mag box that allowed a COL of 3.390", had a jump of .205" IIRC. It shot well, but not the one hole groups I'm used to seeing with them. Funny thing, in the same rifle, a semi custom Kimber 8400 Select, the 200gr Accubond was more accurate and that is what I ended up using.
I also tried the 210gr Berger and Sierra, but the Accubond was the best of the lot.

Cheers.

As mentioned above they will shoot but, not with the accuracy they could if you got them closer to the lands.. I would just use it as a single shot and get the one hole groups we all love with the 215..

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.