300WM Lapua Brass to ADG Load Variance

Steve Baker

Hello,
I'm finishing up with my last run on 300WM Lapua brass and have 250 pieces of unfired ADG brass that I plan on moving to. My question is if anyone has seen much difference in powder weight change between the two? I know my rifles preference in seating and velocity and will soon be testing some loads but would like to hear from someone who may have switched and what you have seen in pressures and did your charge weight vary much?

Currently getting 2950 fps with 75.5 g H1000 Fed 215M primers and 215 Bergers.

I would personally just load up a few ADG cases with a couple grains under what your load is in Lapua. Then fire form them in your chamber and measure the H20 capacity of both the fired Lapua and fired ADG. This will give you an idea of how much difference there is in case volume. Either way, I'd start 2-3 grains under your current load and work back up.

I would personally just load up a few ADG cases with a couple grains under what your load is in Lapua. Then fire form them in your chamber and measure the H20 capacity of both the fired Lapua and fired ADG. This will give you an idea of how much difference there is in case volume. Either way, I'd start 2-3 grains under your current load and work back up.

Yes I definitely will drop down a bit just to be on the safe side.

I did when ADG first came out. ADG 89 gr and Lapua 94 when I dropped 2 gr to fireform it trashed the brass.
ADG redesigned the 300 wm brass but I still had to drop 4.5 gr to keep primers in them.
this was all years ago when they first came out and I have no first hand since then. just offering my limited experience with the two

Looking at the first run fire forming 100 rounds of ADG brass VS WW brass, I did notice the powder column was higher. Initial reloads with RETUMBO, 8133, H1000 and RL-25 have shown a 2 grain reduction with fire forming, this may be mostly mitigated when I reload the once fired brass.

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.