Lapua Brass 300WM

I'm in, would like to be able to compare it for my self to RWS.

That was done back when the Lapua stamped brass was running out.

It was general concensus that the RWS was better than the Norma/Lapua stamped brass.

It sounded like the RWS was close to what Lapua brass would be if Lapua actually made it.

It was general concensus that the RWS was better than the Norma/Lapua stamped brass.

It sounded like the RWS was close to what Lapua brass would be if Lapua actually made it.

How can a guy get some RWS brass?

I know, or that's what I have been told. But, I still want to check it out for my self.

I have tested Lapua , RWS and many others in my 300 wins. RWS is stronger than Lapua head stamped 300 win brass, But I find my Lapua 300 win brass stronger than Norma 300 win. My 300 win Lapua brass is just now loosing primer pockets after 15 firings with a full house load. 3035 fps with a 215 berger in a 28".

I would not say RWS is better than Lapua. Both darn good brass but with RWS you will give up case volume. With a 210 or 215 the results from this will be a max charge weight of about 3 gr less with H-1000 than in the higher volume brass like the Lapua or WW and some others.

If you cant find RWS and want something close. Give the Bertram 300 win mag brass a look. It has real close to the same case volume as RWS. Seems to be very strong and I feel the quality is equal. I know where some Bertram is if you want some.

Jeff

Warning! This thread is more than 9 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts