300wm 225gr eldm powder

Wide Glide

I bought the Hornady 10th edition ebook Just for this data to see how my current loads stacked up to book data after a friend commented on my recipe being way too hot.... It blew my mind to see that they had nothing listed for h1000, retumbo or rl-22.

I took bits and pieces of load data from around the internet to decide on H1000 and retumbo and work up a load And while doing that it seemed like there were only three powders really being used by most. When I finally decided to pay for the Hornady information I was dumbfounded that it didn't list loads for any of those three powders for their 225 grain ELD match bullets.

I could see not having one of the three powders listed but to have none of them it makes me wonder if they are saying that those powders aren't really suitable or rather that the rest of the powders they have listed are even better?

I'm pretty happy with my loads I've already worked up with H 1000 but considering the availability and the fact that I only have 16 pounds left It would probably be pretty easy to talk me into trying another highly recommended powder that was actually available.

7DEBA1F8-DB76-43B9-96D9-F8DB0A4CD9CE.jpeg

Last edited:
Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.