.300win to .340wby?

Boman

Ok my question is this, I want to take a Kimber Montana in .300 win mag and rebarrel to .340wby. My question is what all needs to be done? I know the basic cost of rebarrel but do I need to do anything to the bolt or magazine? Basically I want to know if this is worth it

You shouldn't need any bolt work done, but the case of the 340Wby is .205" longer than your 300Win and therefore you will have to have a longer magazine. I have never had this done and don't have a clue what the cost would be.

Ok my question is this, I want to take a Kimber Montana in .300 win mag and rebarrel to .340wby. My question is what all needs to be done? I know the basic cost of rebarrel but do I need to do anything to the bolt or magazine? Basically I want to know if this is worth it
I am not sure if the Montana action is the same as the 8400 action, I think it is but with a blind magazine, all you need to do is to remove the spacer, if there is one, from the mag box. The 8400 action is a 375, or Magnum length action, so a rebarrel is totally possible if it's the same as a 8400 action.
Hope this helps.
Cheers.
gun)

You're right. It is a blind magazine. That's even better. This makes me happy, I love the .340wby for elk

Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.