adjusting trg on howa 300win?

mceads

I recently purchased a very accurate Howa 300win and was wondering if adjusting the trigger is something I can do. The salesman said the Howa is a rem700 action. Is this true? Any help is appreciated.

Mike

Hi, new here but I'll try to answer your question. The Howa action is not a Rem 700 action, but similar in some ways. The trigger is adjustable, just make sure you are carful and if not fimilar with this task, might want some help from someone to guide you thru the process.

Thanks for the help springer! I downloaded directions for adjusting the rem700 and it seems pretty easy {I always say that!}I'm going to tear it down and have a look.

thanks,
Mike

I've got a Weatherby SUB-MOA and it is a Howa action. Everytime I got the trigger adjusted to an acceptable level the safety would not engage. I went with a Timney from Mid South shooting supply. It comes with a three position safety. Go to www.scorehi.com I forget the owner's name but he will re-build your factory trigger cheaper than the Timney.

A trigger on a Howa,made me the way I am how,they are tricky but they will adjust,I will tell you what you need to do,,first take it out of the stock,then rap it in something,now here is the part you realy need to be careful very careful,don't drop it or bang it against the wall,put it in your car and drive as fast as you can to your gun smith,leave it tell him what to do and run,before he slaps you.

you get them to where you want it and the safety want work
get the safety to work and you get creep,did this for a month before I got it right,about lost my mind,was so sick of this rifle,sold it two days later,funny thing was the guy that bought it said I'll take it home and work on the trigger and go shoot it today,bet you 5 buck he is still working on it....becareful they have a thing about going off when you close the bolt if you set it to lite

Actually it's not that difficult you need to hone the trigger were it makes contact with the safety take a little at a time off!!!

Warning! This thread is more than 17 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.