300 WSM ??? 338 Win Mag??? also what about the 308?

Good one Ric

You old "Kung Fu" fighter.

grin.gif
grin.gif
grin.gif
grin.gif

You shouldn't have let Boyd in on that secret of "being within and part" of the bullet though.
That was in my bag of tricks.

Later
DC
grin.gif

AHH! Sooo! OH Click Master. Youngfun grasshopper shall study and hopAfulry snatcha the pebble from the a Masters haund thisa year.
grin.gif
<:)
AH by the way does any one know the B.C. of the 210 JLK? The burger is .67 I think. Just trying to run some drop charts.
grin.gif

[ 10-19-2003: Message edited by: baldeagle713 ]

Boyd,

Do you know if John Hoover has any 210 JLK's on hand?

I called Jimmy and he's didn't know if he had any he could gather up to send with the 140 6.5's, won't know until they get here if he was able to find a box.

He did say he'd have about 20,000 of the 210's by Thaksgiving if all worked out as planned. He was heading to Phoenix the next morning for a week and pick up 3000# of lead.

Anyone know where I can get a box of 100 240gr SMK's at a good price? I have some 210 Bergers coming from Sinclair, but all they had for 240 SMK's was boxes of 500.

Brent,the last I talked to him he did'nt...I have some 240's...Not sure how many...Don't have 100 but should be close...Let me know if you want them...

WOW, I am amazed at the posts this has genereated. Well my friend bought the ruger 338. I ordered a new savage 12 w/ accutrigger, 300WSM stainless fluted bull barrel and so forth, cant wait to shoot it, (should be here in a couple days). but unfortunately I wont be able to afford the scope I want till next month. Total rig should weigh in at about 12 pounds.

Also picked up a similar savage in the 22-250 round, WOW what a sweet shootin rifle. In fact even my wife loves shooting it.

??? How many pages before this post hits a record ???

BBQ,

Let us know how they shoot! Hope this helped you out some.
grin.gif

Boyd, I'll take what you can spare, email me with an address and price and I'll get a MO out to you, thanks!
smile.gif
Let me know what shipping is too, or send it collect??

I have a 7mm STW and soon will have a 338 Lapua. BUT... If I was getting another rifle it would be the 300 WSM and i'd shoot the 168 barnes triple shock. I think it would work for all I would use both those calibers or except for the big bears.

bottomm line guys they both will shoot better than most of us can. I own a 300 Win mag and 300 WSM. both shoot under an inch groups at 100 yards. id have no trouble taking deer out to 300 yards with 150-165 grain bullets out fo eitehr cartridge however if i had to move up to 180s id go to the 300 Win Mag, or better yet My 300 Rem ultra Mag

His orginal question as I took it would be which would be a better HUNTING rifle. I shoot both a 338 win mag and a 300 win mag both in model 70 winchester. My personal preferance for hunting is the 338. I have shot moose and elk at over 400 yards with it and at that distance it still hits with authority. If you plan on hunting and doing some bench shooting-go with the 300. The most I can handle is about 10 shots out of the 338 before I start to flinch. As far as going with the 300 win mag or the 300wsm I haven't heard or read of any great advantages over the 300 win. It's probably a case of which you prefer-kind of like blondes or brunettes
wink.gif
[*]null

I get 2700 and good groups with the 240g SMK WSM. I get 2800 with the 220g SMK but not as good groups. The 240's are seated hard over Retumbo, to fit an HS Precision magazine. The barrel is an 8" Pac Nor, 28 inches long, rifle was built from a Remington SA by PGW of Winnipeg.
What is interesting is that I could only get 2850 with my .300 Wthby shooting 220g SMK's.(24" barrel)
I have my deviation down to 14 fps. I do no sorting or neck turning. Will let you know how it works out after the 2005 match season

Warning! This thread is more than 20 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.