.300 WSM 215gr Bergers

laserflat

Anybody running this combo? What powder, barrel length, velocity, and groups?

Any experience with 230gr Bergers in .300 WSM would also be welcome. Same thing, what barrel length, powder, velocity, groups?

Thanks so much yall.

I helped a friend make a load for his 22" Browning A-bolt with the BOSS last year. Used RL-17 and 230 gr berger hybrid with Fed 215s. He has all the load data and I never kept a record here. IIRC it was in the high 50s or perhaps low 60 grs. Seating depth was limited to 2.8" by the rifle's short magazine. Velocity was 2720 fps . Despite the mag limitations it shot well without tuning the BOSS.

I use this combo in my 1000 yard heavy gun.
30" 1-9.5 twist, 1.45" straight taper on a BIG BAT "L" 2" x 10" action.
59.0 to 59.5 H4350...depending on forseen temps.
Norma Brass
210M primers
215 Hybrid

This combo shoots in that 4-6 inch 10 shot range at 1k during actual competitions.

I think it is a great combo. I know that BR and hunting rifles are an apple/orange thing, but I see no reason why a LR hunting rig using the 215 in a WSM wouldn't be VERY impressive!!!

Just my .02

4xforfun what kinda velocity are you getting with load out of a 30" tube

First off, let it be known that, as far as match rifles go, I am NOT a speed king. I could give a rats ***** about top speed. Also....I have litle faith that my Chrono is giving me the correct speed.....with my hunting guns, where ACTUAL velocity is HUGE, I am usualy bumping up the velocity number imputs into my Shooter App...like 100 fps. What I want out of my chrono is ES....It is all I use my chrono for.

That being said..I have 2780 written in my load book. Maybe closer to 2880.

Warning! This thread is more than 10 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.