300 wm load suggestions

I'm loading the 208 Amax in several rifles and the sweet spot is anywhere from 76.0 to 78.0 grains of H1000. The Berger is a little heavier but has less bearing surface so your loads should be pretty similar. I agree 74 grains would be a good starting point.

What COL are you starting at? If you're hanging those things out there in the 3.68" range then I would suggest a 73gr start point (better safe than sorry). If you are stuffing them in the case a lot further then I'd start down at 69-70 range.

I use Nosler brass as well in my 300 WM. As others have suggested I would start in that 73-74 gr range and work up to pressure. The 215 Berger in a few different rifles seems to like around 30-40 thou off the lands. Depending on your chamber and throat length you can get the 215 going 3000 fps or very close to it in a 26" barrel with H1000.

Warning! This thread is more than 8 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.