300 Winchester Brass

I used to use nothing but Winchester, even for long range ammo, and had no issues. However Winchester brass in the past few years is no comparison to 5+ years ago. I wouldn't touch Winchester rifle brass for anything I cared about now. Last few bags have had some unusable brass or otherwise terrible QC issues.

I use a lot of Lapua now, Nosler if Lapua isn't available.
My last 100 pieces of Winchester 300wm brass was such a disappointment. Between case necks having creases, severe dents/creases in the shoulders and flash holes way off center I was left with 59 useable cases. on top of those the necks were not cut square and too short to trim. I tried contacting midway after posting a review. They deleted my review saying that it didn't reflect their current inventory. I then tried contacting winchester and was caught in a automated e mail loop. I will never buy winchester components again. My go to is Nosler now. Its manufactured by Norma.

Not that I know of, but they do make custom dies for a reasonable cost. Or you may be able to purchase a 375 die and a bunch of progressively smaller inserts.

Thanks, You already had me thinking of giving them a call.

I already load for both the .375 Ruger and the 6.5LRM. I have a huge stock of .375R brass so I'm just kicking around finding a reasonable way to roll my own from the .375.

I think I need at least a two step process to get from .375-.280 or less before I can feed them into the 6.5 neck and that's the trick.

I have a preference for the collett type dies for work like this because they apply the force in a completely different manner than traditional dies accomplishing the same results with far fewer errors and much less work.

My last 100 pieces of Winchester 300wm brass was such a disappointment. Between case necks having creases, severe dents/creases in the shoulders and flash holes way off center I was left with 59 useable cases. on top of those the necks were not cut square and too short to trim. I tried contacting midway after posting a review. They deleted my review saying that it didn't reflect their current inventory. I then tried contacting winchester and was caught in a automated e mail loop. I will never buy winchester components again. My go to is Nosler now. Its manufactured by Norma.
I'd just about grantee if you had contacted midway with your concerns before going on the attack they would have given you a refund or sent you a new shipment of brass.

They are a great company but if you start off looking for a fight odds are you won't like how it comes out.

Thanks, You already had me thinking of giving them a call.

I already load for both the .375 Ruger and the 6.5LRM. I have a huge stock of .375R brass so I'm just kicking around finding a reasonable way to roll my own from the .375.

I think I need at least a two step process to get from .375-.280 or less before I can feed them into the 6.5 neck and that's the trick.

I have a preference for the collett type dies for work like this because they apply the force in a completely different manner than traditional dies accomplishing the same results with far fewer errors and much less work.
I think you'll need more than a couple steps. The collets don't have very much squeeze to them. Maybe .02" at most.

I think you'll need more than a couple steps. The collets don't have very much squeeze to them. Maybe .02" at most.
I'm thinking of a couple of heavily tapered dies to step it down enough to get to 7 mm while lengthening the neck.

I suspect they've probably done some for people rolling their own 7LRM's, if not maybe Whiddon, PTG or someone else.

I'm thinking of a couple of heavily tapered dies to step it down enough to get to 7 mm while lengthening the neck.

I suspect they've probably done some for people rolling their own 7LRM's, if not maybe Whiddon, PTG or someone else.
Somebody will always take your money to make what you want!

ADG 300 WM brass came back in stock this afternoon. I just ordered some to try out even though I have had very good success with the Norma brass I bought in bulk in the past from Midway USA.
I think you will be very happy with the ADG brass. I would like a little tighter primer pockets from the get go, but extremely uniform.

I'd just about grantee if you had contacted midway with your concerns before going on the attack they would have given you a refund or sent you a new shipment of brass.

They are a great company but if you start off looking for a fight odds are you won't like how it comes out.

The thing is, I never once asked for a refund or exchange. I've never had any problems with Midway as a company. That's why I tried contacting Winchester directly. After all, Winchester is the company who sent the sub standard brass out for sale. Up until a couple years ago Winchester was my go to, but after getting two bags of what should have never left their factory, I'll stick with paying for premium for good brass.

I'll be 100% honest, I'm a little salty about the fact that they did take down my review though. I made sure to post pictures and the lot number of the problems I had encountered as a "buyer beware" and not just a rant.

I think you will be very happy with the ADG brass. I would like a little tighter primer pockets from the get go, but extremely uniform.

The lot of 800 I purchased in April/May the primer pockets were tightened up considerably, compared to my purchase last year. Actually tough to get them in with a hand priming tool, and I'm no little girly man. Probably should have done them with a press, hindsight being 20/20 and all.

Because he was a little salty, or because the company removed the negative review, or both?
I should have explained better.
I meant because company reviews on their own websites are company-controlled, and I therefore have no expectation that negative customer feedback will be allowed to remain for others to read.
The Review feature gives the illusion of free speech and comments, but it's a false illusion, controlled by the company employee administering the Review feature.

Warning! This thread is more than 6 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.