300 Win Mag

evans314

I have a 300 Win Mag the barrel at the muzzle is 15 mil I want to get a muzzle brake installed. I was informed that the Dia at the muzzle has be a min of .620 inches. I am sure that 15 mil is larger that .620.

Any ideas on this

Thanks

I would google up muzzle-brakes, there are a few highly rated ones. Once you have that nailed down, look at their FAQ section, if they have one, then contact them and ask about barrel diameter.

They will have the bottom line. If you have a tool, micrometer, I'd measure yourself ahead of time.

Not to thwart your plans, but why the M-B? This is in the reloading section, how about some more modest reloads? Do you plan to hunt with it?

15 mm is .590. i would think a brake could be put on the rifle. Jarretts windwalker rifles have them and the barrels are very thin.

Witt Machine
I put 1 on my 7rm, easy to install, no smith required. Just contact them and they will take care of you.
I live in Nova Scotia and there is no issue with getting 1 across the boarder

Put a Holland MB on my 300 WM. I have a #3 BRUX on mine and it is "thin". Can't remember off hand what it measures at the muzzle; but you should be ok. It is not a match in contour however. There is a bulge with the brake. Doesn't bother me and it sure tames the recoil.

Put a Holland MB on my 300 WM. I have a #3 BRUX on mine and it is "thin". Can't remember off hand what it measures at the muzzle; but you should be ok. It is not a match in contour however. There is a bulge with the brake. Doesn't bother me and it sure tames the recoil.

+1 on Holland's QD MB, I have one on my Savage 111F .300 Win Mag with sporter contour (.590" at the muzzle IIRC) that works extremely well.

I have the Witt clamp on brake, and tamed a 300 Weatherby down to .243 levels.
It's blocky and bulky but effective... Well worth the 90$.

+1 on Holland's QD MB, I have one on my Savage 111F .300 Win Mag with sporter contour (.590" at the muzzle IIRC) that works extremely well.

Here it is ...

1024091042b.jpg

Warning! This thread is more than 9 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.