.300 win mag

.264 win mag

I am looking for a max/min load for a 150 gr barnes using win 760 powder. I also am looking for advice on a 165 gr bullet and powder. Any body out there got any give aways? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif <font color="red"> </font>

I have used the following 300 mag load to take a number of whitetails. This Sierra bullet is more heavily constructed than their softpoint round of the same weight - this per the tech's at Sierra. Me and a hunting buddy have also used this bullet in 30-06. We were very please with accuracy and performance on game in both calibers. 300 mag load - IMR 4350 72grs CCI LRmag Sierra 30cal 165 HPBT.

I use 165 NBT's in my sendero.

IMR 4350 at 3000fps is very accurate (best group 1" at 300 yards)

R-22 pushes them to 3400fps and has often gone 1-1/2" at 300.

Hi Hommer,
Thanks for the reply. I have used a lot 4350 and some good and some better. I have about 13 lb. of 760 that I am trying to deplete. I have used the Barnes bullet and I think I like it a lot better than the sieara. Seems they hold more of orig. wt. Thanks anyway /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

I don't have any data with that powder bullet combo...
but maybe you can read between the lines....

all bullets are 150
Barnes x bullet dataAA 4350 67.9-75.5
Jacketed Bullet dataAA 4350 65.7-73.0

Barnes x bullet dataAA 3100 72.0-80.0
Jacketed Bullet dataAA 3100 68.4-76.0

Notice anything?
Jacketed bullet data...W-760 64.0-73.5

Thanks Abinok, Yes I did notice that the jacketed bullets could not be pushed as hard. You gave me exactly what I was looking for. I want to thank you for your reply. Have a wonderful day. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

When you get through playing with the big boy, give me a shout to talk about the .264 sometime! Good luck on your loads.

Have not got to the range to play yet. But any one who is interested in the .264 I have time for. I use 4831, 120 gr hornady. I had it rebarreled with lajah target grade barrel,1-10 twist and 26" SS. I have great respect for the ability of the rifle, win -70. I have some problem with bullet seating depth,except for sieara they like to seat way out and real close to the lands near the throat.
Hope all the jebber helps good luck.

Warning! This thread is more than 20 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts