300 win mag question

I'm wondering if I should fill length size the brass for my new 300 win mag or neck size what do you guys think?
Neck size only for new brass. Partial length resizing after that.

And read up on only bumping the shoulder back vs. truely full length sizing a belted magnum.

I use these to help set up proper shoulder bump.

Watch this video (maybe a few times):

Last edited:
Here's a good read for reloading belted magnums. I use a Redding body die with the Redding shell holders and a Lee Collet afterwards but their are several methods that work well. Because the belted cases headspace off the belt, he "bulge" above the belt is often the tightness felt when chambering and is often mistaken for a shoulder that has grown (speaking from experience). A good, cheap piece of equipment is a cartridge gauge in conjuction with a headspace gauge, measure a factory case and once fired case and you'll have a great idea of how much to bump shoulders and when the body needs resizing. https://www.larrywillis.com/300winmag.html

I'm wondering if I should fill length size the brass for my new 300 win mag or neck size what do you guys think?
Hi Alice. Neck resizing only works for some bolt action rifles and then limits the ammunition to being used in only that rifle. While not an issue when hunting alone if hunting in a group you would not have the option of sharing ammo with someone who runs out. Another problem with neck sizing only seems to be an issue with the necks cracking after only a few reloads. I never noticed any increase in accuracy from neck sizing so I gave it up and full length resize everything.