300 win mag bullets

SamuelBerryhill308

Hello all I'm about to order more supplies to start handloading in 300 win mag and this is the first one I've ever loaded for and I'm wanting to load some with eldx or eldm bullets along with some hammer and berger bullets.my question is what grain weight eld bullets work well in 300 win mag.i can get my hands on 178,208 eldm and 200,212 eldx just not sure which will be better to try.also will be loading 210 vld h and plan on ordering 166 hh or 181hh as well

Sam,
I think some of the guys here can give you some good info. They will probably need to know what twist the barrel is you will be reloading for.

My current Winnie is a 10 twist and has been running the 215 hybrid and n570. I have loved the combo so much, but it has been like an easter egg hunt finding components. lol

Good luck!

Also animal and range intended...

Elk and range to 500yards 180 Hammer, Accubond and Nosler partition
500 yards and beyond? Berger, Long range accubond and maybe Hornady eld-x/m
That's just where my head is at but many more here have been there got the tee shirt and ivories!!

180 and over should cover all and 200+ for extra distances as stated over 500 couldn't hurt. Having a 24" barrel with 220+ weight can make those bullets drop like a lead balloon. As long as you can dial it in it won't make any difference in grains. 7828, h1000, magnum, magpro and 25 should cover all needs if you can find any. I would add retumbo, but just another component hard to come by. I've found magnum at brownell's and midsouth shooters lately.

Mag box length?
Are you going to single feed them?
With the 181 Hammers, test your twist, don't just go with what you ordered or was stamped on the barrel. 181 would not stabilize in a 10.25 twist for me.
Depending on your realistic hunting ranges, I would also add the 152 Hammer to your list. It is my mIn for my 300 WM in VA. Shoots well in mine as did the 181 with a 10 twist, but that has to be a single feed with it.

Reading about Hammers and all post about them over Barnes that Hammer has pulled me closer for all copper type. Price on the other hand keeps me away. A better income will change it!
Hammers are really good bullets I've been using them for alittle over two years now they are very easy to load for and on game performance is top shelf. You won't regret giving them a try

Mag box length?
Are you going to single feed them?
With the 181 Hammers, test your twist, don't just go with what you ordered or was stamped on the barrel. 181 would not stabilize in a 10.25 twist for me.
Depending on your realistic hunting ranges, I would also add the 152 Hammer to your list. It is my mIn for my 300 WM in VA. Shoots well in mine as did the 181 with a 10 twist, but that has to be a single feed with it.
I was looking at the 181 and 166 hammers and very got to make sure on max mag box o.a.l.i do load the 152 in 300 wsm due to short mag box and 152 in 308 as well my 300 win mag is 1/10 stamp on barrel but I'm going to double check twist rate

I'm shooting 181 Grain Hammer Hunters in my new 300 Win Mag behind 79.0 Grains of H-1000 ,Fed 215M Primers, Lapua Brass. Shoots fantastic sub 1/2 MOA at 100 and 200 yards. Haven't had a chance to shoot it any farther than that yet. My rifle has a one in nine twist rate. Based on your twist rate you may need to go with the 166 Hammer Hunters but I think you will be very pleased.