.300 Weatherby Magnum in a 700 Sendero

silverbullet_99

I'm reaching out for true Remington aficionados and nerds to bestow upon me an education of this caliber in this rifle. I know it was a limited run, but I'm curious as to time frame and also numbers produced. I've always wanted a Sendero and only the oddest will do for me. Case in point I have a Weatherby Super Big Game Master in .338-06. I apologize if this isn't the best area of the forum to place my request for knowledge, but I am a long time lurker and occasional poster. I spend the majority of my time absorbing information and trying to learn.

Thank you all in advance for any help you can offer!!!

Not sure on production numbers, but I do know that they're not one of the commonly seen calibers for sale. So, judging by that I would say they weren't a very long production run.

I took a brand new .300 Wby Sendero SF barrel I had laying around and rechambered it for .300 Ackley, then stuck it on a trued stainless 700 action, and put an old take-off Sendero SF stock on it, and made my own Sendero. So far, I'm very happy with the end result.

I purchased one new in 1992 while in college. The Weatherby calibers were produced on a special runs. My hunting buddy bought the same rifle in 7mm Wby mag. Best rifleI have ever owned. Had it rebarelled I shot it so much. Remington can give you the numbers.

I'm reaching out for true Remington aficionados and nerds to bestow upon me an education of this caliber in this rifle. I know it was a limited run, but I'm curious as to time frame and also numbers produced. I've always wanted a Sendero and only the oddest will do for me. Case in point I have a Weatherby Super Big Game Master in .338-06. I apologize if this isn't the best area of the forum to place my request for knowledge, but I am a long time lurker and occasional poster. I spend the majority of my time absorbing information and trying to learn.

Thank you all in advance for any help you can offer!!!
All i know is that I am VERY glad that one of them made its way across the pond and into my gun cabinet. I adore it. I did replace the trigger and had it screw cut to take either a moderator or a brake; not because the recoil wasn't fun, but to aid spotting shots at long range. My mate's sons Sendero in 300RUM is slightly quicker, but I won't ever let this beauty go whilst I can carry and shoot it.

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.