300 weatherby + 200 gr eld-x

fisherman983

looking for anyone else running this combo. powder recommendations?

right now im working on a load for an accumark rifle using 7828 and not quite getting the accuracy results im looking for just yet. any other recommendations are welcome.
seating to mag length for now. coal right at 3.700. cbol is 3.050

Try to get some reloader 25.
I used 7828 with a 180 grain bullet and the rl 25 with a 210 Berger vld also used a WLRM primer

Hornady has powders listed on their website for this bullet and cartridge combo, but you probably know that.
I am using this bullet in my 30-378wby with H50BMG i am having good luck.

looking for anyone else running this combo. powder recommendations?

right now im working on a load for an accumark rifle using 7828 and not quite getting the accuracy results im looking for just yet. any other recommendations are welcome.
seating to mag length for now. coal right at 3.700. cbol is 3.050

Was the rifle accurate before with another load? Reason I ask, is Weatherbys have been known to be temperamental. Some are accurate, but others won't hit the broad-side of a barn.

Was the rifle accurate before with another load? Reason I ask, is Weatherbys have been known to be temperamental. Some are accurate, but others won't hit the broad-side of a barn.

Yes it is. Rifle is skim bedded, trigger tuned, crown has been recut and csr muzzle break installed.
Will shoot factory ammo under 3/4 moa with ease. Have a proven load with Imr 7828 and 200 gr nosler partition that shoots well under 1/2 moa.

I need help with a load for my 300wby 200 eldx. I saw a post someone posted about using 7828 powder but they didn't post the charge? Anyone help with that please.

Pushing 212 ELD-X out of my 300 Wby with Retumbo. Tried H-1000 and 7828 but Retumbo was the clear winner. Great velocity and exceptional accuracy.

I would like to know the velocity as well as charge weight. Manuals don't show much of a velocity gain with Retumbo. This surprises me as my friends 300WM gained 100fps switching to Retumbo. I am guessing he is getting 3030 for velocity using Retumbo and the 212 ELDX. If I could get 3100 with my 300Wby I would switch to them.

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.