300 SHERMAN vs "06

Sherman uses 270 brass so the neck is .046" longer then 30/06. It has less taper than the AI and the shoulder is farther forward. The sherman has 11% more case capacity then 30/06 so it's around 6% more then the 30/06 AI. I ordered my go gauge, hydro form, and loading dies through Rich.

Last edited:
Whats the difference 06Ai vs 300 Sherman? I assume your moving the shoulder forward. Any idea on h20 capacity of the Sherman? Whidden stocks dies or at least can has your print?
Capacity is almost 77 depending on brass. Whidden has a print and supplies my dies. His print is for the 6.5 but all the long action chamberings are the same

Capacity is almost 77 depending on brass. Whidden has a print and supplies my dies. His print is for the 6.5 but all the long action chamberings are the same
Oops. The difference is less body taper and shoulder forward. It still has a .320 neck though by using 270/280 brass

Go gauge has arrived! I'll have to wait until i kick this flu before i start putting it together though. I was going to use a 30/06 that i have for its action but i'm going to call my local dealer to see if they can have a new action in this week. That way i dont have to bother with trying to remove a stubborn factory barrel.

Oh and some more of my great luck has blessed me. The water line at my camp busted inbetween my shut off valve and meter.... So my bill is $800! Luckily my uncle was hunting one morning and heard the water flowing under the ground. It didnt freeze, the ground shifted and broke the line.

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.