300 Sherman Powder Selection...

I am still in the fireform stage. No results heat as I still need to form and brake on barrel. I've run 33 in my win mag, lapua improved and .375AM so thought it would be great here. But I was also able to get 3 pounds rl23 this week.

I am still in the fireform stage. No results heat as I still need to form and brake on barrel. I've run 33 in my win mag, lapua improved and .375AM so thought it would be great here. But I was also able to get 3 pounds rl23 this week.
Keep the forum posted on your RL23/33 results. I too use 33 in my 338 LM Imp. Pretty easy to see 3000 fps with great accuracy with 300s and a 29" barrel. Hope the 30 SM sees good numbers but with great accuracy. Great to have both

Yep hoping so. Was able to get 3100fps in the lapua improved with 300gr lazer 34" tube
Wow smokin. That extra 5" really helped beyond 29". Never would have guessed beyond 29" that it would help so much. How much RL33 are you using with that load ?

Wow smokin. That extra 5" really helped beyond 29". Never would have guessed beyond 29" that it would help so much. How much RL33 are you using with that load ?
I'm running between 104-105 grains of 33 for an average 2997-3002 fps. Right at 3000 is where I want to be for best accuracy. Once I finish the 30 SM build, I'll experiment with a few powders. Guessing 570 or 33 will prevail

I'll have to check my notes. This one I gifted to my brother so he's been doing it all. I have the same chamber on my 26" but haven't worked up a load yet. It does indeed use 109gr to get to 3100fps.

Last edited:
Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.