Powder selection

AH3682

Hey,

Sorry to bug you guys again, but I have a question. I am deciding to change powder, as I want to reload for .220 swift now as well as .25-06 and .223. I am considering H414, but as always, open to suggestions. Thanks!

P.S. What bulets do you usually shoot out of your .220 or .25-06?

My swift and 25-06 both love IMR 4064. One powder, 2 calibers. Cannot beat that with the limited supply.

Thanks guys,

I'll probably see if my friends have any, and then try some loads before I buy some (I like to buy in bulk or by the 5lbs.):D

Once again, you guys have come through for me, and once again THANKS A LOT!!!

I owe you guys one!

My .25-06 likes RL19 with 75 gr Vmax for vermin and 115 ballistic tips for antelope. It doesn't care for my favorite bullet, Accubond, so a new barrel from Lilja has arrived here this week.
I've tried the CFE 223 in a buddies Swift and that's what we're going to stay with as long as we can get it.....55 Vmax

Thanks for all your replies. I will probably try some 4350 & RL 19. I currently use R15 for my .25-06 and get great accuracy.

Once again, THANKS!!!

Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.